Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 204912
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)-NoCal
Do you describe yourself as a creative thinker and a person who can hit the ground running? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! Teradata in Santa Clara is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer who has a real passion for developing reliable and scalable systems and wants to build tools that drive automation. As part of our growing Teradata Cloud Team, you’ll build, own and maintain critical infrastructure to support our production operations. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you’ll use modern methodologies and open source tools in an Agile environment to drive design, implementation, testing, and release.
• Design, build, and operate distributed complex cloud-based software systems; as well as build end-to-end user service-oriented product experiences
• Build and operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure services
• Using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations
• Work with Teradata technologies and support mission-critical 24x7 systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
• 1-3 years of solid software development experience
• Hands on experience in software programming using Go and Python.
• Experience and knowledge in containerization, docker and Kubernetes.
• Verifiable skill in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Go, Python, Java, C++, Node.js and Typescript)
• Ready to work in Agile development environment and familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform and similar)
• Good understanding of Object-oriented programming and strong knowledge of Computer science fundamentals.
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our Santa Clara campus. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US