Senior Account Executive - Wells Fargo
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 204904
This position is accountable for direct sales for the Wells Fargo named accounts team. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with Wells Fargo in business and IT organizations. The objective is to drive the use of Data and Analytics to produce profitable business outcomes for this client. While increasing revenue through incremental business opportunities.
To be successful, you need to be an adept salesperson, capable of and excited to engage in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for setting and maintaining the account strategy with the client and internally.
- Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions could be applied and can articulate the value of these solutions.
- Manages the selling process across all areas of the business and closes sales of hardware, software, consulting services and analytic solutions.
- Leads the direction for the account team responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the selling process and closing sales opportunities.
- Engages with internal resources to bring in expertise and specialized sales resources as needed.
- Builds and manages relationships with client decision makers including but not limited to the C-suite.
- Coordinates team engagement with client, mapping each resource to most valuable opportunities and serves as an escalation point for high priority client issues.
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings.
- Closing profitable Teradata solution business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Successful track record of up-selling to existing customers and prior sales experience with large, complex enterprise customers
- Significant technical and industry knowledge in order to drive sales conversations with both IT and business decision makers
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly at the C-suite level
- Proven skills in effectively managing and developing relevant messaging for business buyers
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Prior experience in managing sensitive and highly political environments balancing the needs of the customer while ensuring the business remains profitable
- Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
- Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with Teradata solutions and technologies
- Experience selling to Wells Fargo specifically to their Data Management and Insights (DMI) group
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer sites. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected. Expectation will be that you are onsite and customer facing a minimum of three days a week.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Account Executive - Wells Fargo
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US