Software Engineer – Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204548
Position Title: Engineer (II)
Senior Software Engineer – Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) is a high performance, scalable backup and restore solution optimized for the Teradata MPP Architecture. It works in conjunction with Teradata Viewpoint portlets to give a seem-less user experience for managing the Teradata Analytics Platform.
This software engineer position is responsible for all phases of software development life cycle from software design through customer support. They will develop new technologies around Backup, Archive and Restore in On Prem, Public and Private Cloud Environments and work to define higher standards, specifications and tools around which the team will operate.
Skills and Attributes
- Experienced in C/C++, Python and debugging in Linux with gdb.
- Experienced in implementing and supporting Enterprise Software that requires knowledge of parallel programming, locking, SQL and RDBMS concepts and best practices.
- Working understanding of Agile Scrum framework and methodologies, preferably in an enterprise software development environment
- Experience with Enterprise Backup, Archive and Restore Solutions and KPIs
- Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels within a team environment of engineers, architects, and management.
- Willingness to advise, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and judgement skills using factual and qualitative information from multiple sources.
- Proven track record of taking ownership for work that spans multiple product groups
- Displays a curiosity and willingness to learn by filtering, prioritizing, analyzing and validating complex issues
- Starts with customers and work backwards. Shows deep empathy for customers, sets high standards and achieves the impossible on their behalf.
- Solves customer problems through innovation, relentless simplification and reuse. Looks for ideas everywhere. Stays attuned to the best in industry.
- Thinks like an owner and acts on behalf of the entire company. Doesn’t let organizational boundaries get in the way.
- Delivers commitments on time with highest quality. Demonstrates speed as a habit and has a bias for action.
- Finds ways to learn and evolve, is curious, dives deep and asks questions. Always knows the details.
- Continuously raises the bar on the quality of experience to our customers.
Required Experience and Education
- US Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of related job experience
- US Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of related job experience
- US PhD Degree in Computer Science or related field and 0 years of related job experience.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego).
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer – Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US