VP, Industry (Software Co. - Pro. Svcs. exper. required)
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 203439
Position Title: Industry VP (II)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata believes that analytics and data unleash the potential of great companies and our mission is to empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics at scale and on our industry leading technology foundation.
The VP, Outcomes will report to the Senior VP, Region GTM. He/she will be accountable for leading two key segments of the GTM Business; the leadership around Business Consultants that are assigned to various accounts as well as leading the team of Industry Consultants. This is to execute on Teradata’s strategy to drive outcome discussions with clients and how Teradata solutions improve their business. The role will ultimately be responsible for approx. 150 people in both segments.
Currently reporting to the VP Industry Outcomes either directly or matrixed are:
- Business Consulting Leader(s)
- Industry Consulting Leads (5)
The VP, Outcomes must regularly partner with leaders across Teradata, to effectively:
- Facilitate and execute go to market strategies for Teradata
- Deliver on revenue and margin commitments, optimizing profitability across the entire Teradata portfolio
- Support the customer-facing teams with region and company strategies and strategically manage customer satisfaction
S/he will also facilitate the broad company imperatives within consulting by driving regional strategies and customers’ and employee’s needs. In addition, this person will ensure consulting effectiveness. S/he will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, talent and foster a high performing consulting culture.
What we are looking for:
This role is pivotal in driving a “One Team” high-performance culture and standard across the Teradata GTM Organization within the Region.
- Lead the team of Business Consultants that are driving sales and the team of Industry Consultants
- Manage, foster and grow relationships at the executive level with high visibility key clients.
- Providing focus in the development of organizational capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Develop strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and external organizations.
- Facilitate a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent as a means to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The position requires a bachelor’s and or master’s degree in business and or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and a minimum of 15 years of progressive leadership, general management and global experience and 10 years of sales/consulting management experience. Has a successful track record developing, training and managing a high-performance consulting organization with regional or global scale.
Because of what we do, we are looking for someone with strong Data Analytics background (driving outcomes) - specifically with strong Subject Matter Expertise for either the Financial Services or Manufacturing industries.
The position requires experience working in high-quality, best practice environments where the work exposed and required you to experience a wide variety of approaches, practices, systems and thinking, including experience in mid-to-large, global companies. The desired candidates will have held a similar position in the past and experiences supporting and leading business transformation and change in Global Sales, Consulting, Professional Services and Delivery organizations.
Your Critical Skills:
- Ability to motivate and empower a leadership team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success in a multicultural global environment.
- Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop consulting associates to enhance their performance on both consulting skills, strategy and customer delivery. Also, to evaluate performance and provide individual mentoring and development plans for direct reports.
Customer Centricity & Solutions Based
- Focus on driving new customer footprints through solution-led consulting, developing local relationships with the Teradata sales organization and partners to expand the firm’s coverage of territories and/or solution portfolio and building sustainable subscription software, consulting and managed services revenue.
Managing Business Results
- Ability to effectively manage consulting and managed services order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, consulting business development and optimization, pricing decisions and expense control.
- A keen understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance.
In addition to these critical skills, to be effective in the role, candidates must:
Demonstrate success in managing large account relationships, and leading teams to develop new account opportunities.
- Demonstrate success in managing a successful consulting business P&L supported by a track record of accomplishments
- Have experience working in a multi-national corporation and multi-cultural matrix environment.
- Have experience in world class organizations with strong reputation for well disciplined, highly professional consulting teams.
- Be a champion of customer enablement and technology, experience in using SalesForce/CRM and Financial Force deployments
- Strong track record for high performance while leading through change and transition.
This is an ideal role for a high performing consulting executive who is looking for their next opportunity and interested in building, but not from scratch and at scale, in an environment where we are investing in our tools, technology, process, practice and people. Our preference is for candidates that can “hit the ground running” and bring experience in the ecosystems we operate in - high tech industry and/or professional / consulting services. What’s most important for all positions in our GTM team is that leaders have strong fundamentals in sales/consulting organizational leadership, a strategist who can operationalize, a global thinker who maximizes leverage and network knowledge in an enterprise matrix, drives a strong, disciplined approach to process and execution, is highly accountable, holds themselves and others to a high standard and is passionate about what they do. We call it the right “DNA.”
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Industry (Software Co. - Pro. Svcs. exper. required)
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG