Customer Services Representative
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 203197
Position Title: Customer Srvcs Rep (II)
Customer Services Representative (CSR)
Associate would be responsible for providing on-site or remote support for Teradata Customers. Typically these customers have 24/7 support contracts and the successful applicant must be prepared to be on-call every other week to support customer site/s.
The support engineers will be looking after the system’s MPP/SMP hardware, /Linux/Windows operating system and Teradata products such as Teradata Database, Teradata Aster database and Hadoop systems. Pro-active maintenance and high level of professionalism is the key in this role.
Apart from the above the person will be responsible from all technical issues resolution, escalation as well as site planning, proactive work and Change Controls and performance auditing and tuning for assigned site.
This CSR will be working very closely with the customer, other CS team members as well as the account team. He/She will coordinate all aspects of service delivery issues for the site with the local and regional support teams. While technical, the role is about being a presence on the ground and within the working fabric of the customer’s EDW to be proactive and optimize the customer’s EDW.
He/She will drive all Severity 1 incidents and hot issues for customer sites and work after hours and weekends as required. He/She will be specializing in high availability and system performance issues and requirements. Driving customer site to become more stable and optimized and take the full advantage of what Teradata Product could offer in this space.
This position will also drive regular or add-hoc customer support meeting to review the support performance and advise customer the best system HW and SW upgrade paths.
Facilitates and leads formal review customer meeting (including key Teradata, the customer personnel) which will include but not be limited to the above elements.
Communication skill and Leadership skill are one of the crucial skills needed as he/she is required to mentor other CSRs and technically leads all local CSRs who might be involved with the site support from time to time during the high priority issues and Change Controls.
The he/she, having strong project management skills, will fulfill the role of expert on customer requirements for the assigned account and escalate any issues, as necessary, to the appropriate parties.
As this is a hands on position he/she is required to be very proficient with Teradata products and CS maintenance procedures so that could carry out of all field CS actions for the assigned systems or customers
This is a customer facing role and would require some travel with in the territory or abroad.
Training in the form of in-class and self-study will be provided and various certifications will be strongly encouraged.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Respond to all the calls from the customer
- Account Management Skills.
- Perform hardware break –fix
- Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades includes site or system preparations
- Perform preliminary software problem investigation and diagnostics collection
- Manage system based Change Controls for O/S, Teradata SW and HW environment
- Perform Operating System or Teradata Software upgrades
- Escalate all unresolved issues to the Regional Level-2 Support Centre as per the Incident escalation process
- Provide feedback to the customer for reported issues
- As per the Customer Support Contract provide the Site and Service reports
- Provide technical assistance to Sales organization as required
- System Health Check Review, System management reporting and oversight of technical support issues.
- Software release management, including review and recommendations on software updates.
- Maintain and review Teradata interoperability and compatibility matrices and provide proactive recommendations to the customer.
- Regular review of system usage (performance and capacity), including identification of potential issues and / or opportunities. This would include the facilitation of any appropriate resources to ensure the optimal recommendations are provided.
- Facilitate and lead formal review customer meeting (including key Teradata, the customer personnel) which will include but not be limited to the above elements.
- The HE/SHE will provide reviews of the Operational environment to identify risks and potential mitigation strategies:
- Power-fail recovery strategy
- Data protection
- Operational processes
- Recovery processes
- Application/database recovery processes
- Patches/maintenance as applicable
- Field Retrofit Orders (FRO), preventive maintenance
- Tech Alert review and knowledge transfer
Facilities & Environmental Planning
- Insure that data center has adequate power, cooling and floor space to support the configurations being implemented at the customer site and to insure there is room for future expansions.
- Configuration Planning
- Work with the customer and sales team to determine optimal configuration based on customer batch and online response time requirements.
CS Best Practices Implementation
- Teradata Customer Services has developed several best practices that should be implemented by each local site team to help improve customer system availability.
Change Control Management
- The person is Teradata Customer Services' lead in coordinating and implementing system changes. The CSR will work with the Customer and with Teradata Customer Services to identify patches and updates which would benefit the Customer’s operation.
System Availability Reporting
- The person will provide system availability reports. The root cause of specific outages will be identified and analysis completed with recommended changes to improve system availability.
- The CSR will review the system availability results and make any recommendations that are necessary.
- Service Reporting
- The person will also serve as Teradata Customer Services' lead in the service performance reports. The CSR will provide the reporting, facilitate the meetings and drive any open issues to resolution.
- Working with customer for management of Parts Delivery on site. Receiving good and defectives parts return on time.
- Ensure hot spares (if installed) are up and running to ensure working parts availability for maintenance activities.
- Management of On-Site Remedial & Preventive Maintenance
- Should the Customer need to escalate a service incident, the person will be the initial point of escalation contact and engage the correct Teradata Customer Services' resources within Teradata Customer Services to ensure that the incident is resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- The person will then keep the Customer regularly posted on the status of the incident and the progress being made in bringing it to closure.
Management of System Upgrades
- The person will work with the Customer, Project Manager and Teradata Customer Services local and region teams to develop a plan for each hardware and/or software upgrade. The plan will include a definition of scope, a list of critical path items, identification of the resources required, and a project timeline.
- The person will function as Teradata Customer Services' lead for these upgrades and will schedule and coordinate the activities of Teradata Customer Services' resources.
- The person will be the Customer’s primary contact for the implementation of the upgrade.
Customer Support Plan
- The person will ensure the development, currency, and accuracy of the Customer Support Plan tailored to the Customer’s environment and requirements. This plan will outline hours of coverage, response times, incident reporting numbers and processes, escalation timeframes and contact information, and availability measurement criteria.
Load & Maintain Service Database
- The person will maintain system configuration for equipment and software in the service database.
Manage Teradata Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA).
- Ensure that all incidents that cause unplanned outages identify a root cause and a corrective action is implemented that will help minimize future instances of this type of outage.
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in computer technology or related fields.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata Solution products through a combination of experience and Teradata Certifications (client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities)
- General working knowledge of Windows, LINUX and Teradata DBMS.
- Some DBA or/and SQL experience in Databases such as Teradata, Oracle.
- Experience/exposure in Mid-range Linux systems hardware maintenance.
- Some exposure to TCP networking for Linux environment.
- Some exposure to Windows OS environment.
- Shell Scripting & Programming.
- Teradata knowledge will be a preferred.
- Experience with Teradata client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities is a plus. (To help in timely identification and resolution of customer incidents)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for generating the many reports required by the customer).
- Ready to work on short term overseas project as and when needed.
- Ready to travel for overseas training as and when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong Documentation, Organizational Skills
- Politically Astute and Relationship Management Capabilities
- Develop and enforce account policies and procedures
- Ownership of resolution to technical account and personnel issues
- Provides focus for the account support team
- Technical ability to take control of account
- Honesty, Consistency, and Integrity (Reputation above reproach)
- Strong knowledge of LINUX/UNIX Skills
- Investigation of software issues & problem diagnosis
- Understanding of disaster recovery techniques
- Understanding of customer client/server connectivity & configurations
- In-depth understanding of hardware platforms
- In-depth understanding of hardware and software configuration techniques
- Strong knowledge of Teradata DBMS and Tools
- Experience with internal and external customer relationship management
- Negotiations skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Conflict management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to cope effectively with change, risk and uncertainty
- High Computer literacy
- Consulting experience
- Selling skills
- Ability to identify, design and implement business process and productivity improvements for day to day running of the business
- Intermediate Project Management skills
- Accepts responsibility
- Willing and able to make decisions
- Willing and able to be accountable
- Communicates honestly, openly and consistently
- Shares information appropriately
- Involves internal and external customers in solving problems
- Positive attitude: encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint
- Maintains the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties
- Committed to make business a success
- Willing and able to work for the best interest of the business
- Not thinking in terms of being right at the expense of being successful
- Possesses stamina and perseverance to handle pressure well
- Willing and able to deal with problem situations
- Knows how to say "no" gracefully and without antagonizing the other person
- People Skills
- Able to build productive working relationships with customers and internal personnel based on respect and good rapport
- Listens well
- Able to evaluate information quickly
- Identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical Judgment, experience, and common sense
- Well prepared and organized
- Carries out all responsibilities and action items in a purposeful way
- Can be relied upon to get the job done.
- No surprises
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Able to avoid mistakes that could/should be anticipated
Team or Individual Role:
This is for the team member role based in Bangalore/Mumbai, working with other CSRs and reporting to the hiring manager.
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Services Representative
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN