Sr. Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203055
Position Title: Solutions Sr Engineer (II)
Senior Solution Engineer
The Sr. Solution Engineer (SE) leverages data architecture, data warehouse, and analytics and associated domain knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The Sr. SE has broad knowledge of the Big Data, data warehouse and analytic space, and experience with Teradata products and technologies. The Sr. SE articulates analytical ecosystem architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting, as a trusted advisor, to support sales activities. The Sr. SE establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO, and provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target opportunities within our accounts.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Drive sales of Teradata software and services
- Technical sales leader for Teradata Account Team
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions
- Increase use of Teradata software through positioning of new features, adding new applications and taking out competitive solutions
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from technical admin to CIO
- Understand and advise customers on data ecosystem architectures
- Partners with Account Executive and extended account team on account planning and strategy
- Work with overall account team to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Assist or operate the internal ordering process, from solution sizing to deployment
Key Solution Engineer Responsibilities
- Advocate Teradata products and solutions to existing customers and prospects.
- Act as the “face” of Teradata to customers & prospects – able to quickly and easily articulate the value of Teradata software and services.
- Continuously drive and promote the value of Teradata solutions for customer business challenges – create value, articulate value, maintain value.
- Understand customer data and analytics challenges and help translate to business requirements in positioning Teradata software and services.
- Stay current with continuous education of Teradata’s latest software, platforms and cloud solutions.
- Craft creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions even when only partial information is known.
- Document client’s current analytical ecosystem, application architecture and data flow to/from Teradata and non-Teradata solutions.
- Understand and communicate customer-specific value of Teradata solutions and how they integrate with the customer’s analytical ecosystem as part of a future-state roadmap.
- Understand business value customers gain by use of analytics. Understand and align our software and service offerings to solve business problems.
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytic architecture and by partnering with the customer’s architecture experts (ecosystem & domain architects).
- Creates client interest in Teradata solutions, advancing the sales process
- Syncs daily with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Comprehension of rapidly evolving open source and competitive technologies and how they compare/contrast or compliment Teradata offerings.
- Partner with Consulting, Customer Services, Global Sales Support, Pricing, Finance and sales to formulate offers and proposals.
- Facilitate and/or lead demonstration of Teradata Cloud and Analytics capabilities.
- Occasionally, take advisory and leadership role in strategic Consulting engagements in partnership with Consulting
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US