Director Strategic Offer Management- Security
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202992
Position Title: Director, PM
The product security team at Teradata is a fast-growing team with great career growth opportunities. Product security is tasked with applying secure everywhere principles through the supporting constructs of secure by design, secure by default and verified secure. The team receives strong support from the top down and we are looking to lead from the front with exciting new products having a security first guiding principle. This role will be integral to leading the innovation and development efforts and build a team to support these efforts.
As the Product Security and Services Product Management Portfolio Leader, you will be responsible for managing Teradata’s product security and services portfolio. Reporting to the Chief Security Architect and matrix reporting to the SVP of Teradata’s Strategic Offer Management you will ensure tight alignment of team support and priorities. The Product Management leader will drive security controls and strategy across the product development organization. The Product Management Leader will work with different teams to make sure security is integrated into every product and drive the security aspects of our products. Additionally, the Product Leader will review the investment strategy, seek out new opportunities, and recommend changes in investments to manage risk and generate acceptable rate of return. Study and monitor security products and services offering performance and trends that may impact the overall portfolio.
As the Product Security and Services Product Management Portfolio Leader, you will be responsible for managing Teradata’s product security and services portfolio. The Product Management leader will drive security controls and strategy across the product development organization. The Product Management Leader will work with different teams to make sure security is integrated into every product and drive the security aspects of our products. Additionally, the Product Leader will review the investment strategy, seek out new opportunities, and recommend changes in investments to manage risk and generate acceptable rate of return. Study and monitor security products and services offering performance and trends that may impact the overall portfolio.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- As part of a critical team working tightly with Product Security and directly with leaders to develop an integrated solutions strategy.
- Partnering with the Product Management and leadership team specifically focused on security investment across the products. You will be interacting with our Product Engineering teams, Practice leaders, and Sales and Marketing teams
- Develop recommendations and analysis that pioneer ideas for product portfolio optimization capitalizing on the seriousness and magnitude of business opportunities.
- Evaluate the Teradata’s long-term Product Security and Services vision and roadmap, working with the team to determine solutions that appropriately match business needs and present to Executive Leadership Team.
- Continuously evaluate portfolio, assessing performance, interpreting results, and making changes and recommendations as necessary. Communicate through effective messaging and positioning to all stake holders.
- Define and execute goals and metrics against related productivity and growth targets for security products and services
- Lead the day to day execution of initiatives while guiding and developing individual team members and take ownership of overall projects and its end products.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building broad strong relationships globally, and creating a true followership.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering Sciences, Management, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years total experience working/leading a diverse security program with an understanding of the holistic program vertical structures.
- Minimum of 5 years total experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed, and complex organization, including at least 2+ years of progressively more responsible portfolio management and/or support services.
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Demonstrated executive presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal with clarity and precision
- Skilled in assessing investment information to create financial plans and determine appropriate business and customer strategies
- Must be detail oriented and have advanced analytical skills and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Expertise in data tools (Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau, and related) to support problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases
- Ability to develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and markets.
- Demonstrable ability, and gain support from stakeholders with minimal supervision and manage projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Previous support services or product/offer management experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics (e.g., data science) and related technology to test various hypotheses
- 3+ years of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) experience
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director Strategic Offer Management- Security
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US