Financial Services - Industry Consultant – Regulatory Compliance and Risk
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 202986
Position Title: Industry Consulting VI
Industry Consultant – Financial Services – Regulatory Compliance and Risk
Location – New York
The Financial Services – Regulatory Compliance and Risk Consultant (IC) possesses extensive domain knowledge and contacts within the area of Regulatory Compliance in Financial Services, including Banks and Insurers. The role will help the Teradata Consulting go-to-market team shape and promote consultative solutions, helping our clients drive successful business outcomes that set the stage for pull through of Teradata’s data and analytic solutions. The ideal candidate articulates industry/domain vision and trends and provides knowledge to marketing and sales activities. The IC understands and promotes the business value associated with advanced analytics focused on financial crimes. Establishing or enhancing executive level relationships, the IC provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the industry. Collaborating with the sales teams, the IC will be expected to also deliver client billable consulting for targeted accounts and oversee the development of the client engagement model for additional services. The individual will need to maintain a keen eye to capture customer use cases and share industry-related knowledge within Teradata. Playing a leadership role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, the IC helps to build long-term partnerships with Teradata clients.
Overall, the Regulatory Compliance and Risk Industry Consultant will have demonstrated experience developing industry-leading viewpoints on and executing engagements focused on leveraging advanced analytics to deliver more proactive and predictive approaches to Regulatory Compliance and Risk overall.
More specifically, the Regulatory Compliance and Risk Industry Consultant will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate regulatory and risk business acumen; including the application of advanced analytics to compliance and risk subject areas
- Collaborate with sales teams to pursue business development opportunities, assess client capabilities and gaps, propose solutions, and design projects and deliverables to achieve the solutions
- Collaborate with engagement teams to create work product related to compliance and risk in:
- Consumer businesses (e.g., mortgages, home equity, student, auto, credit card, deposits, insurance)
- Wealth and investment management businesses
- Wholesale banking businesses
- P&C and Life Insurance Reserving and Capital Requirements
- Articulate leading viewpoints on:
- Where/how advanced analytics can be used to improve and optimize risk and compliance functions
- Leading end-to-end solution and platform architectures to deliver these advance analytics
- Best practices protocols for: compliance assessments, remediation, and testing against regulations
The Regulatory Compliance and Risk Industry Consultant will have facility with regulatory regimes relevant to banking and insurance; including:
- Federal Reserve Board – e.g., TILA/Reg Z, UDAAP/Reg AA
- FDIC – e.g., FinCen/AML, Consumer Protection in the Sales of Insurance/Part 343
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision - e.g., BCBS 239/Principles for Effective Risk Data Aggregation
- CFPB – e.g., ECOA/Reg B, HMDA/Reg C, Truth in Savings/Reg DD
- OCC – e.g., Consumer Protection in Sales of Insurance/Part 14
- Department of Labor – e.g., Best Interest Contract Rule – and the progression of related initiatives
- Basel II Compliance for Insurance
- Risk Based Capital Requirements (Best Credit Rating Methodology/BCRM)
- US Dept of the Treasury – e.g., FinCen, OFAC
- AML and KYC Due Diligence
GENERAL INDUSTRY CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS
All Teradata solutions including analytics, EDW, AI, Analytics Ops, Industry based solutions/innovations and associated services and consulting will need to be augmented with specific industry relevance and the application of those technologies to solve materially impactful business challenges - risk transparency, operational effectiveness, client/customer personalization and intimacy and fundamentally be able to empower profit and success with the client.
Key skills sets include: 1. Ability to establish, build and grow trust with client through successfully solving complex business problems or create the environment to enable these solutions; 2. Proven ability to negotiate and establish viable commercial agreements; 3. Comfort with senior level involvement and engagement in project delivery including escalation, critical path remediation and change management. 4. Fluent and deeply relevant knowledge of market, and competitive topography combined with an ability to creatively solve complex business problems through positioning of Teradata products and services is table stakes. Differentiation comes with the ability to drive creative, not before considered solutions and answers and execute delivery of material success at our customers and the strong, trusting partnership that such successes create. 5. Success in this role includes "ownership" of the solution – be involved in the deployment and management of the project as a critical part of the project team.
Bringing much more knowledge, questioning and input into the sales process timeline, close date expectations, pricing and margin planning for consulting projects, the IC will become a critical balance against over extension of financial and sales close projections. Input and even crafting well organized and achievable SoWs with more deliberate risk management will be a key focus for the team, as well as establishing more accurate and predictable close and revenue realization start dates. The IC, their knowledge of the client, their relationship with the subject matter expertise are all critical inputs into establishing more predictable sales and project metrics.
Account Executive and field force, Consulting Execution, Data Science and Managed Services Team and direct interface with the client (specifically business buyers, though some technology buyer coverage) within both sales and execution.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Services - Industry Consultant – Regulatory Compliance and Risk
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US