Vice President, California Sales and Services
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 202892
Position Title: Geo Vice President
Vice President, California Sales and Services
The VP has a direct reporting relationship to the EVP, Americas Sales & Services. The VP is responsible for executing on our transformation strategies and providing effective change management to the California region. The VP will foster a winning sales culture and is directly accountable for driving new revenue growth and profitability of the business. The VP should be passionate about developing people to execute on our Business Solution Led consultative sales approach. In this role, the VP will partner closely with the California leadership team to execute annual and long-term strategies with Teradata customers and prospects. The VP provides thought leadership, develops the business plan, and offers guidance to the regional teams.
Areas of Focus
- Sales Leadership: The ability to motivate and empower a sales team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success. Focus is on driving new customer footprints through solution-led sales, developing local relationships with Partners to expand our coverage of territories and/or solution portfolio and building sustainable Professional Services and Analytical Business Consulting streams.
- Sales Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and selling strategy. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans. This involves providing strong leadership in sales engagements, ensuring sales managers are accountable for establishing winning sales strategies, shared expectations with key decision makers and executing sales engagements.
- Managing Sales and Business Results: Full P&L accountability for the region. The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, demand creation, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, pricing decisions and expense control. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance. This includes the following but is not limited to the following:
- Set, direct, and execute winning sales strategies
- Drive execution of Demand Creation that lead to new accounts and increased revenue streams
- Assign territories and accounts to sales representatives
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight, budget and expense control
- Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Leads the Sales organization consisting of Account Executives, Sales Management and Solution Engineers and supporting organizations in Consulting Services, Business Consulting, Advanced Analytics and Cloud/On Premise solutions.
- Manages, fosters and grows relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key clients which include eBay, Apple, Cisco, Intel, Kaiser Permanente and numerous others.
- Develops and builds the Sales business plan for the country providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Develops strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develops long-term strategic relationships with key prospects, industry partners, and external organizations.
- Facilitates a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent as a means to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
The VP works in a virtual office environment and must reside in California. A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence is required. VP should also foster an environment of creative, “out the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude.
- Routinely interface with Sales and Consulting Services Leadership Team (e.g., Consulting Services Managing Partners, Business Consultants, Solution Center Director/Consultants, Pricing and Executives).
- Partner with Human Resources, Learning, Marketing/Communications, and Finance & Accounting Managers/Consultants.
- Ability to work in and lead in a matrixed team environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are required to gain common ground with prospects, fellow team members, and partners.
- Ability to coordinate all necessary internal resources is critical.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a proven track record of long range planning. A self-starter, who is creative and driven and has strong communication and presentation skills. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for prospects and previous experience selling Data and Analytic solutions is desirable. The candidate will need to be successful in collaborating across a matrixed environment. The ideal candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results. The candidate should also have a strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata Value Proposition to customers and prospects.
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in a business or technical discipline and has significant experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Minimum of fifteen years of general management experience and ten years of sales management experience (training/development/performance management of sales/consulting team
- Minimum of eight years of Prospect account experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing a successful business and P&L supported by a track record of accomplishments.
- Demonstrated success in sales management with 75%+ success record for making personal sales management goals and minimum of 50% of associates achieving objective.
- Hands-on management experience in a number of disciplines such as software development, information technology and systems development, marketing and sales, operations, financial management, with proven ability to integrate plans.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k),
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, California Sales and Services
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US