Software Test Engineer (III)
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 202636
Position Title: Test Engineer (III)
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Our Big Data analytics and discovery technology helps to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions
Software Test Engineer
Test development and testing for Teradata database software for Aster integration. The candidate will need to acquire or have knowledge of 1) strong database concepts with SQL knowledge 2) test automation for advanced analytical and mathematical functions from functional and performance perspectives 3) strong scripting knowledge with python and other scripting languages 4) understanding of the test tools and test environment available for automation and validation and enhancements.
The candidate will be required to contribute to feature testing with an ability to design and develop test cases in a highly automated fashion. Candidate is required to participate in the feature development using the agile development methodology and ability to analyse feature designs and come up with test design and test methodology. Focus on quality and attention to details and sound testing skills are required. Ability to come up with test methodologies and approach based on the product test needs. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager and works closely with the development team.
- Bachelorâ€™s/masterâ€™s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline or MCA Â with a flair for software testing and test design with at least 5 to 7 years of testing experience
- Strong mathematical/statistical/data science/machine learning academic exposure is desirable
- Experience with python scripting language or any scripting language for at least 5 years and ability to come up with complex scripting for the various testing needs
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills and basic programming knowledge
- Ability to build functional, performance and other complicated test design and development using Agile methodologies and tools
- Strong software testing and software engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of code coverage and related test metrics and practices
- Strong background in Statistics/mathematics/Data Science/analytics through academic or working exposure
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems is highly desirable
- Working experience in a software development life cycle in test or development roles on enterprise software
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Test Engineer (III)
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN