IAM – AD Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202614
Position Title: Engineer (IV)
IAM AD Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Labs is looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group. In this role, you will be responsible for Intellicloud’s Identity and Access Management services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automation and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
- Build, configure, and support Microsoft Active Directory in a highly redundant, highly available, secure, and scalable environment utilizing advanced components and complex configurations.
- Administered DNS, DHCP and configured group policy objects keeping security in mind
- A good understanding of Kerberos, federation Services and Active directory integrations with Cloud based Service providers.
- Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
- Decompose manual workflows, and automate
- Design/implement self-service experiences
- Automation is in your DNA – not satisfied with performing repeatable work. Automate wherever you can
- System and IT Operations
- Contribute to delivering e2e automation for delivering services (i.e. IaaS, OS, application/services, etc)
- Windows automation including power shell scripting
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience with identity and access management technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory (is a must), Azure AD, Centrify, OneLogin, Okta, or comparable technologies (including integration – LDAP/SAML/OAUTH/RADIUS, etc)
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows automation and/or Linux automation
- Experience working in cloud environments/IaaS – AWS, Azure
- Strong code/scripting skills in Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, bash, PowerShell
- Experience working with IaaS/Infrastructure as Code tools, such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc
- Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef is a nice to have
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Experience with delivering software through CI/CD pipeline
- Self-driven and motivated to deliver outcomes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IAM – AD Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US