Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202530
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (III)
Teradata Software Engineers in Sustaining Engineering are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of database technologies and associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata has three level of expertise to handle the customer issue related to Teradata software. Sustaining engineering is the highest level of expertise. This individual is responsible to give final resolution for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1) Product/problem analysis to get to root cause of a defect in Teradata database software.
2) Code software fix, perform tests and merge into code base for software defect reported in DR (Discrepancy Report).
3) Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
4) Mentoring and development of resources as needed
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high-performance computing environments.
* BS in Computer Science or other technical disciplines with 5 years of related experience
* Or, Master’s in Computer Science with 3 years of related experience
* Deep understanding of Teradata product knowledge
* Experience in Teradata database best practices
* Experience with or knowledge of software structured as a collection of processes using message system primitives
* Good language skills and writing ability
* Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing.
* Cultural awareness
* Working experience of SUSE Linux operating systems
* Considerable experience programming with C and C++ programming language
* Considerable experience programming with Java programming language
* Considerable experience programming with Python programming language
* Considerable experience of system software programming
* Experience analyzing data
* Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
* Experience with application programming
* Association with a development environment
* SQL experience
* 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
* Global organization
* Some travel will be required
* International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US