Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 202384
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Supporting Teradata in the cloud is a key part of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy. Our Data Warehousing and analytics solutions need to operate on a greater number of open platforms and as a software only solution. Teradata is committed to offering solutions for a number of public and private cloud environments as well as our traditional on-premise solutions.
This position is for a Software Engineer in the Shared Services organization. This group is responsible for delivering and supporting software solutions to provision, install, update and manage the lifecycle of Teradata software products. The position involves software development, integration, and functional testing (including automated test development) of our software solutions.
- Continuously developing and improving our CI/CD pipelines.
- Utilizing Open Source technologies to create novel solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and orchestration solutions for managing large-scale automation efforts.
- Create automation workflows for integrating numerous technologies.
- Develop automation and tools around various linux distributions.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Bash, or Perl.
- Experience using source code repository like GitHub.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Ability to think of infrastructure as code.
- Strong Linux knowledge and experience.
- Solid computer science fundamentals, specifically Object Oriented Programming
- Exposure to virtualization technologies like KVM, VMware, Virtualbox, or Hyper-V.
- Exposure to AWS, Azure, or similar.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence Wiki.
- Understanding of pipeline orchestration technologies like Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Ability to understand and write infrastructure code with Ansible.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Flask, Django, Angular JS
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Science or related field.
- 1 to 5 years of related experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US