Senior Manager- Director Quality Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204885
Position Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
The Data and Analytics team provides the cornerstone technology for enabling Pervasive Data Intelligence that differentates. The SQLEngine component is one of the key components developed by this torganization. The central strategy of this architecture is to deliver the most scalable and highly performant database technology in the industry. The quality and reliability of this component is essential for a best in class dustomer experience. Our team is responsible for measuring and insuring these results exceed our customer’s expectation.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you will be responsible to support product-level quality processes and to drive operation excellence improvements and best-in-class product development practices. The role includes Technical Project Lead responsibilities to implement improved quality metrics and measurements, ensure that practices are followed consistently across the organization, and drive new quality initiatives across the development organization. You will both lead a dedicated scrum team and coordinate with database development scrum teams to define and implement quality initiatives and product quality improvements.
This role will report to the Teradata SQL Engineering Quality Director and will collaborate closely with Product Management, Product Development Managers and Architects, and other Teradata organizations counterparts to iterate on and execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Ensure the highest level customer quality experience with our software
- Lead Feature Testing Development working with all functional engineering managers/directors
- Track and measure our software quality from Development Engineering perspectives
- Drive and measure effectiveness of quality improvement initiatives within the SQL Engine development organization.
- Identify, propose and drive improvement throughout the software development process.
- Driving and implementing test automation and CICD pipeline improvements
- Outstanding leadership skills, and ability to manage a small team of QA engineers focused on defining, driving and implementing Quality initiatives across a large development organization.
- 7+ years experience in software development and project management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other development teams and management.
- Passion for QA and a skill for identifying and evaluating trade-offs between best opportunities.
- Strong grasp of database systems concepts and technology.
- Experience in test automation development, programming, shell scripting, quality assurance, test execution, and test tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Working knowledge and experience in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methodology.
- 5-10 years of cross-functional leadership roles in technology related companies
- Experience for coordinating technical development teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Strong team builder and coach that develops direct reports and top talent across organization to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- Prior experience with using, testing databases or implementing database technology. Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming knowledge.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager- Director Quality Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US