Location: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR
Requisition Number: 204385
Position Title: Business Consulting V
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Business Consultant is a key member of the Teradata GTM Account team. The Business Consultant engages directly with named accounts, working closely together with the other account team members - the Account Executive (AE) and Sales Technical Solution Engineer (SE). . The Business Consultant responsibility in the triad account team is to understand customer pain-points leveraging existing relationship and internal teams and strategize (including but not limited to design-thinking) and drive the business vision, road-map, effective service catalogue to eventually solve and find answers to complex business analytics problems of today and tomorrow. Building and fostering relevant customer relationship and willingness to understand customers various stakeholders in-depth critical to the success of the role.
This role reports to the Business Consulting Geo Leader.
Job Specification details
The Partner is a critical business oriented role for Teradata. The partner is responsible for driving innovation within the assigned customers and prospects on how to deliver real business outcomes and find answers to complex challenges using data and analytics thus eventually leading to Teradata software consumption. Business Consultant will front not only selling of assets, solutions, and consulting services at scale, focusing on the largest and differentiating opportunities but also act as a key strategist for the overall account.
Specifically, the Business Consultant will:
- Provide thought leadership in the account strategy and execution on how Teradata’s offerings can help customers solve their industry and business challenges and deliver real outcomes and ROI
- With the account team, prioritize time and investments towards the largest opportunities that are most critical for the customer and where Teradata has most differentiation with the Teradata Vantage platform
- Drive and oversee the consulting pipeline for the covered accounts, including providing business outlook on opportunities, orders and revenue, with input from Geo Consulting. Provide guidance to the account team on overall revenue, backlog and order forecasting
- Work within the Account Team to qualify opportunities, and with the Consulting organization and to secure the cross-practice teams to build proposals, project estimates, and contracts
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork mentality within the account teams as well as towards the other practices and stakeholders required to drive results and close
- Critical success factor: Ability to persistently focus on packaged, value-based services and solutions that drive ROI for the customer and ARR growth for Teradata. Leverage Teradata IP, assets and experience, and adapt pricing behaviour's towards pricing for value
- Apply strong commercial practices in structuring deals, driving for high margin services and high customer profitability. Assume responsibility for negotiation and closing of consulting deals
- Build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level for covered accounts
- Serve as the customer success ambassador for covered accounts. Participate in Steering Groups for selected strategic customer projects and programs
- Support alignment, collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the Geo, working closely with the colleagues within the Industry and Business practice as well as other relevant teams like Geo Consulting
- Demonstrate innovation and new thinking and show continuous development and improvements in how you do business
- Be an active ambassador for the Teradata brand through brand marketing, postings, blogs, and as a speaker at events at conferences
- Endorse full utilization of corporate systems and processes
This position implies frequent interactions with the customers and being on customer site the majority of the time. Travel is expected depending on the location of the candidate with respect to the customer(s) site(s).
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Have 10+ years industry experience, including proven experience in the selling and commercial packaging of complex consulting services, projects, and programs
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership and the ability to influence and build trust at the C and C-1 level
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, and understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business
- Deep insight into the Teradata offerings and service portfolio is needed, as well as deep understanding of the customer’s business and industry
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to consulting business management
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and personal development of both themselves and of the extended teams that they manage;
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Acknowledgement and experience in transformation processes, being able to lead change management initiatives.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR