Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204327
Position Title: Ecosystem Architecture V
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is an expert architect, able to translate business strategy, requirements and constraints into a coherent technology strategy and roadmap. The EA is responsible for working with account teams to develop a client-specific target architecture and an associated architecture account plan that exceeds client requirements, helps to win new business for Teradata and grows the Teradata footprint in our accounts. A senior and seasoned technology professional, the EA is a “rainmaker” with a broad understanding of digital transformation initiatives, the analytic technology landscape, industry trends and client motivations. The EA is also a charismatic communicator and expert consultant, capable of going toe-to-toe with the C-level in our customers and prospects and willing and able to constructively challenge them.
Successful candidates will:
- Become a trusted advisor to both the client’s senior decision makers and the Teradata account team by establishing credibility and expertise in both data strategy in general and in the use analytic technology solutions to solve business problems in at least one major industry vertical;
- Engage with senior business leaders to understand and shape their goals and objectives and their corresponding information needs and analytic requirements;
- Provide strategic consulting to client decision makers that enable them to define technology plans to meet-and-exceed these goals and objectives by effectively leveraging data and analytics;
- Work with Teradata account teams to define, develop and document target business, information and analytic application architectures, roadmaps and standards that are aligned with both the customer’s business and IT objectives;
- Contribute to the financial objectives of Teradata account teams through business development, demand creation and billable consulting activities.
- Participate in the development and curation of architecture assets that improve the performance and effectiveness of the Teradata account teams;
- Provide thought leadership and share their hard-won skills and experience with peers and colleagues throughout the organization.
- Travelling will be ~50%
Successful candidates must -
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and have a keen interest in - and understanding of - digital transformation and data and analytic technologies;
- Be an exceptional communicator and consultant with a proven ability to lead from the front and to influence and persuade at the C-level;
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimising Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions;
- Demonstrate relevant domain expertise in at least one industry vertical (e.g.: Retail Finance) or one horizontal (e.g.: Supply Chain);
- Possess exceptional problem-solving skills and excellent organizational and people skills;
- Continuously develop their own consulting and technology skills and ensure that they stay abreast of relevant industry developments, including the emergence and evolution of new analytic solutions and technologies;
- Develop and mentor colleagues and peers throughout the EMEA organisation;
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience;
- Be intimately familiar with Teradata’s architecture frameworks, principles and advocated positions and / or have an industry architecture framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA;
- Have experience of architecting, designing and implementing Cloud-based solutions;
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language;
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB