Business Outcomes Partner - EMEA Commercial Team
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 204957
Position Title: Business Consulting V
Job Location and Travel Expectations
This role is based in Teradata’s London Bridge Street office. However, for the right candidate, alternative locations with easy and frequent access to London will be considered. Frequent travel to all countries within the Area is anticipated and required.
Teradata help our Clients to rise above the complexity and cost of their analytic landscape. Industry analysts consistently rank Teradata as the leading visionary for Analytics as a Service.
Clients across all industries turn to Teradata when they are challenged to digitise their business but their existing solutions cannot scale in line with their growth; when they are frustrated spending more time gathering, and manipulating their data than leveraging value from it or simply fed up with multiple versions of the truth.
Are you passionate about making large companies more effective through advanced analytics? The world’s largest and most sophisticated organisations use Teradata’s industry-leading analytic technology, solutions and services to understand and improve business performance. Teradata is unique in its ability to analyse data at scale in the manner needed to answer complex business questions and uncover valuable insight. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence and we deliver this capability on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between using Teradata Vantage software.
The Business Outcomes Partner (BOP) will be a key member of the Teradata EMEA Commercial Sales organisation. The BOP engages directly with client accounts, working closely with Teradata Account teams.
The BOP is responsible for understanding the customers’ business problems and creating solutions to address those problems leveraging the Teradata software portfolio and related consulting services. Such solutions may be stand-alone projects or larger data management and analytics programs. The successful BOP acts as a trusted adviser to the customers’ senior leaders and ensures the successful delivery of business outcomes that lead to our clients’ success.
The Business Outcomes Partner operates within the Europe region on a prioritised selection of client accounts and reports to the EMEA Commercial VP for Sales with a dotted line to the Business Outcomes Partner Geographic Leader.
The Business Outcomes Partner concentrates on delivering real business outcomes through the management of data and the application of sophisticated analytics (including machine learning and artificial intelligence) as enabled by the Teradata Vantage software.
For the role of BOP in retail banking we are seeking individuals with:
- Demonstrable and broad understanding of retail banking
- Demonstrable and broad understanding of the regulatory environment and relevant legislative frameworks for banking
- Proven consulting expertise in regulatory risk management for banking
- Working knowledge of the landscape of software solutions for regulatory risk
Additionally, the role will fulfil the general requirements of a BOP:
- Act in partnership with the other members of the core and extended account team
- Help shape the account strategy to highlight to customers how Teradata’s offerings can help to solve their industry and business challenges, deliver valuable business outcomes and positive ROI.
- Build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level for the named accounts
- Help the account team keep focus on the largest and most critical priorities for the customer and where Teradata’s technology portfolio has the most differentiation
- Own the development of business value and ROI based initiatives, and ensure they meet the agreed metrics through their lifetime by leveraging the various Teradata expert teams and practices
- Where possible focus on packaged, value-based services and solutions that drive ROI for the customer and software consumption and ARR growth for Teradata.
- Leverage Teradata IP, assets and experience, to reduce delivery risk, and enable value pricing
- Own the structuring, negotiation and closing of deals which have a bespoke services component, ensuring target margins and other fiscal targets are met.
- Work with the account team to provide the outlook on overall revenue, backlog and orders
- Participate in Steering Groups for selected strategic customer projects and programs
- Support alignment, collaboration and knowledge sharing across business functions and throughout the Geography
- Demonstrate innovation and new thinking and show continuous development and improvements in how you do business
- Ensure the full utilization of and compliance with corporate systems, processes and ethical behavior
- Be an active ambassador for the Teradata brand
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- A BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline - or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years industry experience, with a proven track record of selling complex solutions packaged as consulting services, projects, and programs
- Demonstrable understanding of the target industry and notable experience in the Data domain (Data Warehousing, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.)
- Recognized as a trusted adviser at the C and C-1 level
- Able to translate customers’ business strategy and priorities into growth or improved efficiencies by the use of Data & Analytics
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to consulting business management
- Experience in transformation processes, and leading change management initiatives.
- Demonstrable commitment to life-long learning and personal development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and proficiency in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Ideally an insight into the Teradata technology offerings and related services
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Business Outcomes Partner - EMEA Commercial Team
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB