Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 203067
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
What do you do as a Solution Architect at Teradata?
The Solution Architect (SA) works together with the customer to translate their business goals into information architecture and subsequently translates this architecture into actual technology solutions. The SA proactively challenges the customers using the ideas behind Teradata’s view on the logical data warehousing concept requiring technical, communication and commercial skills.
The SA has broad knowledge of the solutions which can support modern analytics architecture such as Teradata Hybrid Cloud solutions, Partner offerings and Open Source Technology implementations. Ability to articulate the value of their application within a specific industry to all stakeholders in the organization is essential, as well as providing technical knowledge in sales support activities.
The SA is highly consultative and first seeks to understand the Prospect or existing Customer’s business strategy and information requirements as well as the existing technology landscape in order to:
- Participate in the design and development of an architecture roadmap, aligned with the Customer’s business, information and technology objectives in line with the Teradata Solutions Methodology
- Understand the Customer’s Information Technology landscape and act as a bridge between business needs and technology enablers.
- Take the lead in translating functional and technical requirements into solutions and services.
- Develop logical to physical architectures as part of solution implementation.
- Ensure proposed solutions are business outcome led and technologically innovative, ensuring improved ROI
- Identify and promote additional value-add analytics solutions within the logical data warehouse.
- Establish or improve mid-level Customer relationships with new or existing Customers,
The SA also provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new opportunities within Customer accounts. This could include identifying, establishing and managing Proofs of Value (POV) in the Customer environment which may lead to sales of hardware, software or services.
The SA is contributing to sales of high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the Customer engagement model for additional services. This could include undertaking technical lead roles within projects.
The SA plays an active pre- and post-sales role, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata Customers, with a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Target Architecture and long-term success of our Customers.
What are the key areas of responsibility of a Solution Architect?
Provide direct and substantial support of the Teradata team's revenue and margin objectives by:
- Working with account teams to generate profitable business: articulate, demonstrate, and scope Teradata solution offers and services utilizing knowledge of industry solutions, data models & data sources
- Understanding competitive analytical landscape of ETL, data warehouse and BI tooling (commercial vendors and open source)
- Designing and leading winning POV engagements based on customer requirements
- Act as the Guardian of the project level architecture during the customer lifecycle
- Ensure solution quality and architecture fit for the solution
- Generating and Contributing Knowledge Assets (IP) to the Teradata Knowledge Management System
- Broad technical expertise combined with business insight
- Proactive attitude and/or excellent communication skills
- Strong business and/or technical analysis background
- Technical knowledge and in depth experience with building Data Warehouses, Data Marts, big data analytics, applications, enterprise architectures, solutions, and technologies
- Core skills across all dimensions of architecture
- Ability to lead and guide the customer through architecture decisions
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives
- Preferably understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture - including all aspects of the Unified Data Architecture
- Operational knowledge of recognized third party BI and data transformation tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Wherescape, Informatica, Cassandra, Spark, Elastic Search, Docker, Fuzzy Logic and others)
- Understanding of Master Data Management concepts and principles
- Analytical and problem solving skills
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks on-site training about Teradata architecture
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Multisport card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ