Account Executive, IV
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 217888
To increase its market penetration within top Canadian companies, Teradata is looking to add an Account Executive to focus on the key commercial accounts in the Greater Toronto Area. The position will be based in Toronto. This position requires experienced sales professionals with a proven track record in closing complex analytics sales through consultative selling, and success in winning new customers. This role will be responsible for direct sales (orders and revenue) into named new accounts within Canada in the within these sectors, with responsibility for the sales of Teradata solutions, including Hardware and Software, Applications, Professional Services, Customer Services solutions, Education and Managed Services.
What You'll Do
- Achieve assigned Order and Revenue Quota.
- Win new accounts in the Data Warehouse and Analytics sector in Canada
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business issues within prospects
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Articulate the proposed solution in terms of ROI to the prospect
- Utilize team members including post-sales delivery professionals, pre-sales technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
- Close profitable Teradata data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
- Understand and articulate the valuate of Teradata Professional Services
- Complete all required ongoing product and solution training within the timeframes identified for each course.
- Maintain a detailed tracking of all prospect activities for weekly review with management.
- Use Teradata sales tools to manage customer contacts
- Use Teradata sales tools to track opportunities, deal value, estimated close dates and selling phase
- Provide monthly reporting of activities and Sales Outlook Forecast to management
What Makes You A Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Marketing, Sales, Management, Communications)
- Proven multi-year track record in working in complex, multi-million-dollar opportunities in major customer organizations within Canadian top accounts.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a large account relationship.
- Demonstrated success in selling Hadoop, data warehouse solutions, big data and deep analytics concepts, Business Intelligence and or ETL solutions.
What You'll Bring
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Familiarity with similar solutions from Oracle, IBM, SAS and SAP.
- Sales-level familiarity with technical aspects of computer hardware and software, current trends in computing.
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Professional Services and Managed Services (Outsourcing).
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Outstanding presentation skills
- A self-starter, able to work independently and rapidly understand the Teradata Value Proposition and Solutions.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with ‘C’ and VP level executives
- Must have a valid passport, drivers’ license; be willing to travel within Canada and to travel unrestricted into the United States as required
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive, IV
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA