Senior Director, Cloud Financial Operations
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217867
What You'll Do
This new role is an exciting and mission-critical component in operationalizing Teradata’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated senior leader with deep knowledge of CSP infrastructure, consumption models, and financial governance, with proven ability to overcome challenges, build trust with and influence stakeholders, and unite cross-functional teams in pursuit of both short and long-term operational excellence.
- With Finance and other functions, own corporate-level accountability for internal and customer Cloud financial models with a view to maximizing the company’s Cloud margin
- Deliver value by creating reusable, extensible, and resilient Cloud financial governance processes and guidelines and proactively identify cross-functional improvement opportunities when key Cloud governance metrics are underperforming
- Work x-functionally to align on common tools and dashboards for measuring and improving KPIs, metrics, and cloud margins
- Develop and communicate a long-term vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments
- Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior associates
- Participate in and support periodic strategic Cloud financial reviews with senior leadership
Who You'll Work With
The Senior Director, Cloud Financial Operations is a member of the of the Business Process Re-Engineering team within the Finance, IT, Procurement, and Operations (FIO) organization. You will be responsible for developing the Cloud Financial Operations team and coordinating cross-functional stakeholders to identify, track, audit, and report metrics and KPIs to manage and optimize cloud consumption and spending across the enterprise and to obtain maximum value from CSP relationships and contracts. You will work cross-functionally with Finance, Engineering, Infrastructure, Procurement, and other Cloud Operations teams to view our Cloud program holistically and take ownership for maximizing the company’s Cloud margins.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or a related technical field
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience managing cloud consumption, spending, and CSP governance (AWS, Azure, GCP) with and alongside private cloud infrastructure
What You'll Bring
- Passion for conflict resolution and collaborating with and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfort with data, technology, and people
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Cloud Financial Operations
Job Category: Finance
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US