Account Executive, HCLS
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217833
What You'll Do
This territory covers US-based Healthcare and Life Sciences accounts. In this role, the Account Executive is responsible for driving Teradata’s growth by proactively targeting new and former Teradata customers. This person will be able to quickly establish strong partnerships and build consensus across diverse stakeholders amidst a rapidly changing environment. To be successful, this person will possess executive presence, industry knowledge, strong organizational skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey, industry trends, and customer objectives to drive complex sales to closure. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for contract management, negotiation, and end-to-end sales process management. This person is a critical thinker and a self-starter with a growth mindset, willing to think outside-the-box to collectively solution for customers’ complex needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for selling Teradata solutions (Hardware/Software, Cloud Solutions, and Services) into a group of target, named accounts
- Develops, sets, and maintains the account strategy for overall territory growth and engagement with customers, including account planning, business development, sales process management, and revenue generation
- Manges complex deal cycles while maintaining forecast accuracy and quarterly commitments via CRM updates and communication with Sales leadership
- Serves as the “face of Teradata” to the customer, and “face of the Customer” to Teradata
- Demonstrates an understanding the customer’s key business and strategic initiatives, areas of concern, data and analytics ecosystem, and the Teradata competitive environment. With this knowledge, this individual can effectively communicate how Teradata solutions can be applied to deliver business value and can articulate the ROI of these solutions.
- Builds and manages strategic relationships with high-level customer decision makers
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected.
Who You'll Work With
This role collaborates proactively across Teradata’s Go-To-Market partner alliance network to accelerate sales motions, including interaction with Solutions Integrators (SI), Cloud Service Providers (CSP), and Independent Software Vendors (ISV).
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Proven, successful track record of working in a green-field selling environment
- Prior experience selling analytic solutions, data platforms, cloud solutions, and other technologies
- Prior experience with common sales tools, technologies, and procedures
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly with executives and decision makers at a senior level and above (Sr. Director/ VP+)
What You'll Bring
- Healthcare and Life Sciences industry knowledge
- Existing Fortune 1000 network with Healthcare and Life Sciences companies
- Experience closing complex, multi-year 7-figure transactions
- Document and presentation creation
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest data and analytics industry trends and capabilities, and how they influence customer needs and requirements
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive, HCLS
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US