Privacy Program Manager
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217765
What You'll Do
The Privacy Program Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Teradata’s global privacy program functions. This includes collaborating with stakeholders across the business to identify and mitigate privacy risks, performing PIAs and DPIAs, maintaining the ROPA, managing data subject requests, supporting incident response, developing employee privacy training, and monitoring compliance with Teradata’s privacy policies and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate for this role is personable, self-motivated, and technically proficient with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Monitor developing global privacy laws and implement a plan for continuous improvement.
- Support the implementation and oversight of data privacy goals, standards, practices, and processes.
- Perform regular reviews of and updates to Teradata’s Record of Processing Activities and data inventory.
- Partner with key business areas to ensure privacy issues are considered and mitigated at the outset of new projects, initiatives, and product development.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments of projects, vendors, and software solutions to ensure compliance with applicable privacy requirements and Teradata policy.
- Support the procurement process to ensure appropriate privacy agreements are executed with vendors and service providers.
- Develop, maintain, and operationalize global data privacy policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Information Security to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, controls, and investigations.
- Handle inquiries related to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, data subject rights requests, and related issues.
- Support incident response efforts to assess privacy incidents and fulfill notification obligations.
- Develop and issue employee privacy training and related awareness materials.
- Monitor compliance with privacy-related company policies and support periodic program audits.
- Assist from time to time with non-privacy-related ethics and compliance program matters.
Who You'll Work With
- Collaborate with the Chief Privacy Officer and Senior Privacy and Compliance Counsel to manage a global privacy program that enables consistent, effective privacy practices.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data privacy management.
- Working knowledge of U.S. and International privacy laws, including the GDPR, CCPA, PIPL, etc.
- CIPP, CIPM, and/or CIPT certification or equivalent.
What You'll Bring
- Fluent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate clearly and at all levels.
- Experience with a privacy management SaaS platform.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong balance of technical capability and business process expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business, including the ability to reduce complex issues to simple communication.
- Independent, self-motivated, professional, and proactive with a strong work ethic and a sense of pride and accountability in work.
- Preferred: experience with technical privacy controls, including website privacy and cookie consent.
- Country/location: flexible.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Privacy Program Manager
Job Category: Administrative
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US