Account Executive, New Logo - Financial Services
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217737
What You'll Do
- Responsible for selling Teradata solutions (HW, SW, and cloud–based) into a group of target accounts, generally in the financial services/high-tech space, while meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Managing complex deal cycles while maintaining accurate forecasting and deal status updating in CRM.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining account strategy for the overall engagement with the client.
- Drive the sales motion by direct coverage and indirect coverage. Leveraging Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) and partners to drive co-sell and sell-through. Develop an effective direct sales and partner sales strategy to drive business growth.
- Understand Financial Services client’s critical business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment.
- Apply domain knowledge, earning trust with prospective customers through insight regarding the Teradata platform’s application while articulating the value of these solutions.
- Manages the selling process across all business areas and closes hardware, software, and services sales.
- Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the selling process, and closing sales opportunities.
- Engages with internal resources to bring expertise and specialized sales resources as needed.
- Builds and manages relationships with client decision-makers, including but not limited to the C-suite.
- Coordinates team engagement with clients, mapping each resource to the most valuable opportunities, and serves as an escalation point for high-priority client issues.
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Successful track record of green field selling to Financial Services customers
- A strong network in the Fortune 1000 Financial Services companies.
- Significant technical and industry knowledge to drive sales conversations with both IT and business decision-makers.
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and their application to business decisions.
What You'll Bring
- Experience in selling Financial Services focused:
- Cloud Solutions,
- Data Platform,
- Analytic Solutions or,
- Business Applications.
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly at the C-suite level.
- A good network with SI, ISV, and cloud service providers.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Prior experience in managing sensitive and highly political environments, balancing customer needs while ensuring the business remains profitable.
- Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
- Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry-leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to personally and professionally thrive. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive, New Logo - Financial Services
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US