Senior Product Designer
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 217725
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for designing the holistic user experience and communicating the vision of our products to stakeholders and partners, while validating your decisions through various testing and research methods with end users. Your design decisions and their effectiveness will impact both Teradata’s top and bottom lines.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design the product experience through the creation of journey maps, wireframes, and task flows.
- Partner with Product Managers to uncover user needs through engagement, design thinking-related methods for discovery, market and competitive research & analysis, and user testing.
- Mix user, business and technology needs to design conceptual models, and to understand and simplify complex systems.
- Build non-coded and/or coded prototypes to communicate ideas and concepts, and for user testing.
- Work on design initiatives focused on understanding user needs and translating these into product strategies and experiences.
- Plan and conduct user studies and research, and when necessary, partner closely with other researchers to aid in your research.
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to validate hypotheses early and often.
- Share your findings and work outputs with peers, stakeholders, and cross-functional colleagues.
You’ll be successful in this role if you influence product decisions that best serve user needs, and have the proof points to back them up.
Who You’ll Work With
On our Product Experience team, we focus on the user’s ease of use for our VantageCloud Lake platform. We reduce the complexity, and eliminate barriers and friction so that the user can transform their business through the power of their data.
You will be on an Empowered Team and work closely with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders throughout the duration of the product lifecycle. This includes but not limited to product managers, product architects, engineers, user researchers, user interface designers, content designers, and documentation engineers.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Experience Design.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 5+ years professional experience in any of the following: product design, UX design, UX research, service design, or related field.
- Are empathetic and able to connect with and understand user needs and desires.
- Highly curious and inquisitive by nature, and eager to learn, discover and pioneer.
- A portfolio showcasing your work and contributions toward multiple shipped products.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience working on SaaS-based initiatives and/or companies.
- Strong interpersonal skills that are used to build rapport and make connections easily with colleagues and our customers.
- Comfortability when sharing your recommendations, opinions, and goals with others, helping them understand your intent.
- Ability to navigate and succeed in an undefined problem space.
- Experience in implementing design thinking methods, user research principles, methodologies and deliverables, and the wide variety of research methods and what knowledge will yield from each method.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and can handle balancing multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and willing to accept guidance and direction.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in reading and writing SQL and cloud database platforms.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Designer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX