Sr. Lead Application Consultant
Location: Karnataka, India
Requisition Number: 217677
What You’ll Do
- Install and configure the DI tool on non-production or production environments.
- Add, delete, and modify user login information.
- Upgrade DI tool version or apply patch on non-production or production environment.
- Allocate, delete, and modify data integration environment space as required.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team during adaptive maintenance (hardware changes, software patches, tool upgrades) of Data Integration environment components for non-production or production environment.
- Assign / Maintain access rights to DI Environment objects.
- Object Creation (folder, connection) on non-production or production environments
- Maintain Data Integration Environment settings on non-production or production environments.
- Migrate scripts/ jobs/ sequences/ objects from production to development / test environment for new development/ modification or between non- production or production environments.
- Adjust Data Integration Environment job settings while migrating scripts/ jobs/ sequences/ objects to Dev/Test/QA environments.
- Assign / Maintain Data Integration Environment Security Roles.
- Restart Data Integration Environment backup/restore processes as required.
- Connectivity down (between DI Server, source systems, and/or, Teradata servers)
- Connectivity of DI server with project team down.
- Connectivity down (between DI server and server hosting DI tool metadata repository)
- Report on Data Integration environment space usage and file system thresholds.
- Monitor performance of Data Integration Environment components, proactive monitoring.
- Report on performance and capacity of the Data Integration Environment.
- Recommend additional performance and capacity planning services when undesirable trends are discovered.
- Monitor Data Integration Environment backup/restore processes for successful completion.
- Open & Track Incident tickets or Cases with software provider
Who You’ll Work With
Teradata is growing our Global Consulting team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the outcomes of consulting services, then this is the place for you. You will actively support and help our customers achieve their SLAs for their DataStage environments by troubleshooting & resolving production issues to ensure seamless business operations.
Teradata seeks a DataStage Administrator professional to lead in operating & supporting DataStage environment.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute
- Must have 6+ years of relevant job experience in DataStage Administration, Teradata, SQL, scheduling tools (Control M).
- Have experience in Problem/incident investigation/resolution and communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 and On-call support.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term if required.
What You’ll Bring
- Experienced in handling DataStage Administration and troubleshooting within defined SLA's.
- Hands-on experience in DataStage, Teradata, scheduling tools (Control-M) and SQL.
- Ability to analyze & resolve Production issues in Datastage environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience in providing L1/L2 support to Datastage Production environments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experienced in customer interfacing and communications.
- Good understanding of Problem/incident investigations, resolutions & processes.
- Knowledge & experience of MicroStrategy & Alteryx will be added advantage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Bangalore - Virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Lead Application Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore - Virtual, Karnataka IN