Specialist Application Support Consultant - Datastage Admin
Multiple Locations: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan • Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 217634
What You’ll Do
- Implementation and support of data warehouse workload including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and control of application jobs
- Job scheduling
- Workflow maintenance
- Error control, rectification and rerun
- Physical design optimization
- Recommend design/implementation enhancements in job design for performance optimization
- Plan, coordinate and implement necessary actions through the agreed upon incident and change management controls.
- Plan, coordinate and implement workload/job releases on the data warehouse platform
- Plan and participate in service reviews with the client
- Capture requirements and work on the design, development, test, and go-live activities
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Applications Operations and Management Consultant is part of the Managed Services practice and specializes in the operations and administration of the ETL and BI environment, processes, programs, and scripts. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture and work directly with customers to support their operational requirements. The consultant supports the data-warehouse environment with the specific toolset(DataStage) required by the customer.
- In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database
- In depth knowledge of ET, BI, or Open Source tools, and/or Teradata Applications
- In depth knowledge of operations management and control
- In depth knowledge of data warehousing concepts and appliances
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in supporting large-scale data processing platforms
- Strong knowledge of ITIL concepts
What You’ll Bring
The consultant may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. For Cloud (Azure/AWS) projects, Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support. Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers. Expertise in Datastage Administration is required.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist Application Support Consultant - Datastage Admin
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK