Senior Internal Auditor
Multiple Locations: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico • Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico • Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico • Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico • Mexico
Requisition Number: 217595
What You'll Do
We are seeking candidates to join our global Enterprise Risk group as part of the Internal Audit team. Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value-added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis. The ideal candidate will be part of a team focused on building relationships with key Company leaders, assessing risks, acting as a consultant as needed on process design and optimization as well as documenting, assessing and testing financial and operational processes and controls across the Company. This candidate must possess a strong personality because they will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
- Develop relationships with key corporate leaders
- Lead and supervise audits related to a variety of business activities, processes, and operations
- Execute audit programs and document related work using an agile methodology to evaluate internal controls related to financial and IT risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Perform thorough and in-depth audit reviews, reflecting a strong knowledge of financial and operational activities, along with the business systems which support the business activities
- Perform annual financial / operational risk assessments and assist in aligning audit activities with enterprise risks
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, fostering open communications, facilitating and influencing
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of financial and operational internal controls and recommend improvements to those controls, processes and procedures
- Develop audit working papers designed to meet engagement goals and IIA standards.
- Multitask and work on various audits and projects in different phases
- Develop audit findings and recommendations to management as well as assist in the preparation of reports to management using clear and concise grammar
- Should be open to travel to audits or projects as needed. We will consider virtual candidates for this opening. If a candidate is located near an office, a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model is an option.
Who You'll Work With
You will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) is required
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or other relevant business discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Internal or External Audit for a large corporation or Big Four / second tier firm
- Experience with assisting/preparing risk assessments, audit programs and work paper documentation
- Familiarity with SOX
- Travel up to 20% annually (more than likely will be 10% or less and sporadic)
What You Will Bring
- Professional certification (CPA/CIA) is highly preferred
- Ability to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills (Both written and oral)
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME / CV IN ENGLISH.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Job Category: Finance
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX