IT Service Operations Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 217393
As an IT Service Operations Manager
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and lead the technical services and operations for the ServiceNow platform and about 24 other applications within the Global Customer Services applications portfolio
- Communicate information about Incidents & Problems, system patches/changes & Releases
- Manage, test annually, and execute disaster recovery/continuity of business plans
- Have a passion for driving the highest standards of service excellence and continuous improvement across operations, processes and technology, with a strong technical background in ServiceNow
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training for how to best provide technical support
- Work with Level 3 groups to identify knowledge and solutions that can be driven by L1/L2 support
- Identify solutions that will remove roadblocks, simplify and optimize the team’s work, and collaborate with management to prioritize tasks
- Create an environment of collaboration within the teams allowing open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts and communicate organizational impediments to leadership
Who You’ll Work With
- Skilled information technology architecture, development, and support team members within our global IT organization who are also responsible for offshore and onshore staff.
- Key business stakeholders, process owners, and analysts within the Global Customer Service business unit will be key and critical business partners for this position.
- This role will report into the Teradata IT Department and interface with business partners, other application owners, and other onshore / offshore development teams.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 9+ years of experience in IT operations support, of which at least 5-6 years of ServiceNow support operations experience
- Proven people management skills for 10+ team size
- Possess a high level of technical expertise in ServiceNow and a deep understanding of IT operations
- Strong skills in metrics / SLA and reporting various other metrics via ServiceNow performance analytics
- Ability to organize, delegate, and leverage resources to accomplish objectives
- Experience of performing large amount data analysis
- Experience writing/guiding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Run Books
- Customer-focused mindset and customer service orientation
- Experience mentoring, coaching and training teams on production support in an enterprise scale IT environment
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- ServiceNow Certified Systems Administrator (CSA) required
What You’ll Bring
- A track record of building and leading successful teams
- Exposure to Service Management tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, HPSM or any other equivalent industry standard ITSM tool (ServiceNow is preferred)
- Experience with Business Analytics, BI Tools, and KPI dashboarding
- Passion for analyzing problems, identifying root causes and potential solutions
- Experience with analytics, performance management, process improvement, cross-function collaboration and communications
- ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and all functional team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Flexible attitude and ability to interact with a diverse business user community and changing environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal resources and external clients
- Operations & IT strategy experience
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Deadline driven and results-oriented
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Service Operations Manager
Job Category: IT
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN