Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 217319
Teradata is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our team ready to work in a challenging environment taking on various projects deploying leading security solutions and managing security technologies. We are interested in an experienced, motivated, self-starter who knows what to do to make infosec projects successful and can execute and deliver with minimal oversight. You will track the status of security projects and individual Teams using Agile-like best practices, will work with partners throughout the company to ensure projects are completed, track budgeting, and effectively communicate with stakeholders. You will be an essential part of measuring the success of multiple initiatives.
What you’ll Do:
- Deploy and configure production security tools and services to monitor and protect cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints
- Serve as the security subject matter expect around Security Engineering topics, processes, and tools.
- Partner closely with Product and IT teams to implement cohesive security solutions across diverse computing environments
- Implement scalable processes for provisioning cloud access and maintaining least-privilege
- Problem solve and identify potential alternatives to solve challenges, explaining any trade-offs and risks effectively
- Collaborate with security leadership, architecture, compliance, and operations teams to execute on security strategies
- Assess and propose solutions regarding cloud security to leadership
- Identify and automate security processes and practices
- Maintain knowledge of emerging security threats, trends, and best practices
Who You’ll Work With:
We are the Security Engineering team within a global Information Security Organization made up of Senior Security Engineer professionals collaborating with other internal and external stakeholders (IT, Compliance, Product Engineering, Global Operations, and Customer Support). The ideal candidate will have experience navigating complex situations managing cross functional initiatives spanning across the entire Company. This position reports to the Manager of Security Engineering.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
What You’ll Bring:
- A deep understanding of cloud, network, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge how to secure solutions in complex hybrid cloud enterprise and SaaS environment(s)
- Ability to implement security best practices in partnership with development teams and systems owners
- Familiarity with one or more cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP and their security offerings
- Understand Infrastructure as Code (IaC) languages, such as, Terraform, CloudFormation, Helm, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to automate tasks using Powershell, Python, Bash, or Go
- An understanding of one or more programming languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash, etc.
- Ability to understand and implement secure architectural design patterns in the cloud
- Knowledge of security best practices and common security frameworks such as NIST, ISO, Common Criteria, OWASP, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics and requirements/risks clearly to stakeholders from engineering to senior leadership
- Ability to document deployment diagrams and operational run books
- An understanding of compliance requirements such as FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, HIPAA
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Hyderabad - Virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Job Category: IT
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad - Virtual, Telangana IN