Lead Data Engineer
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 217301
What You'll Do
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Lead the semantic modelling and development activities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
- Coordinate with customers to understand their requirements
Who You'll Work With
Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a work break down structures and do risk analysis.
Provide direct support to the solution architect and the solution delivery team.
Lead a dynamic and collaborative team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and management capabilities.
Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, Talend etc.
- Hands on experience with Teradata Industry standard data models and mapping between source systems, core and semantic data structures.
- Working knowledge of financial services domain
- Good understanding of different dimensional modeling techniques such as Star vs SnowFlake Schemas.
- Working experience on creating semantic and reporting mapping documents.
- Strong concepts/experience of designing and developing ETL architectures.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Working experience in one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Working experience with one or more Cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP along with hands on experience with different cloud services.
- Hands on development experience on Python along with a good knowledge of programming languages such as Java, AngularJS, C++, Groovy etc.
What You'll Bring
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in customer facing roles for large engagements and managing solution delivery teams.
- Ability to solve problems using a creative and logical mind set
- Demonstrated skills in team leadership, coaching, and competency building
- Must be self-motivated, analytical, detail oriented, organized and pursue excellence on all tasksGood understanding of reporting tools such as PowerBI, MicroStrategy or Business Objects
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience with Teradata tools and technologies will be a plus.
- Training/Certification on Teradata will be a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK