ESG Procurement Specialist Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217263
Teradata’s Internship Program
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Location Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do:
Teradata is building an exciting Responsible Sourcing Program with an objective of driving equity and sustainability into our supply chain. We are working to reduce our carbon emissions and recently adopted a Net Zero target. We are also working to increase the portfolio of diverse suppliers we work with at Teradata. To achieve success in these areas, it is critical we have the support of our internal business stakeholders, strategic partners, and suppliers.
This role will focus on increasing visibility to our program, purpose, priorities, and progress; all of which will help us meet our objective. Specifically, in this role you will:
- Partner with IT and Responsible Sourcing team to develop Teradata’s Responsible Sourcing internal and external facing websites.
- Partner with IT and Responsible Sourcing team to develop Teradata’s Responsible Sourcing internal and external facing dashboards to share progress on supplier sustainability and supplier diversity.
- Partner with IT and Responsible Sourcing team to develop the capability and process to track supplier progress towards their equity and sustainability goals.
Who You’ll Work With:
The Responsible Sourcing Program is sponsored by our VP of Sourcing and Procurement. The ESG Procurement Specialist will report to our Director of Responsible Sourcing. In this role you will work across Teradata, partnering with IT, Procurement, ESG and other business stakeholders.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field with an analytical focus, and expected graduation dates between December 2024 and June 2026.
- Passionate about ESG with some supply chain and sustainability knowledge
- Experienced in basic web design and content development.
- Experienced in data analytics: collecting, cleansing, and interpreting data sets
What You’ll Bring:
- Web development and content design skills.
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata:
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: ESG Procurement Specialist Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US