Corporate Communications Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217194
Teradata’s Internship Program
Our Internship Program Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will work with and learn how to use the power of data and analytics to inspire and activate Teradata employees in support of our profitable cloud growth objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Document key performance indicators (KPIs) for internal employee campaigns.
- Collect multi-channel engagement data for internal employee campaigns.
- Analyze engagement results for growth opportunities.
- Support the creation, delivery, and measurement of podcasts for employees.
A successful candidate will complete their internship with enhanced skills in key areas:
- Ability to plan impactful KPIs for communications.
- Ability to synthesize disparate data sets into a clear data story.
- Ability to work within a team to increase results and efficiencies.
- Deep understanding of success factors when executing corporate communications.
Who You’ll Work With
Our Corporate Communications team inspires and activates Teradata employees to support our profitable cloud growth objectives.
We are a team of communicators:
- Strategic communications planners
- Engaging content writers
- Technology gurus
- Cross-functional connectors
- Execution professionals, with HTML/CSS/graphics design expertise
In this role, you will report to our Corporate Communications Manager, who is responsible for harnessing strategic planning, multi-channel employee campaigns, data and analytics, and technology to further our employee communications goals.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Must be enrolled in BS degree program in Marketing or Business Studies With graduation dates between December 2024-June 2026.
- A passion for learning about multi-channel communications as well as data and analytics
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools; with particular experience in using Excel to organize data into tables, charts, and graphs
- Experience with video or audio editing software
- An inquisitive mindset and propensity to seek answers
- A skillset of thinking in a structured, logical manner
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to communicate with teams
- Proven examples of adaptability and rapid responsiveness
- Time and workload management skills in a remote environment
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company and our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Communications Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US