Intern Data Scientist
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217180
Teradata’s Internship Program
Our Internship Program Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do
- Learn and use internally available data science models.
- Apply machine learning and/or statistical techniques to time series classification and telemetry anomaly detection problems.
- Build models at scale using vast amounts of structured and unstructured heterogeneous types of data.
- Ingest structured and unstructured data.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working with team of highly skilled Data Enthusiasts ranging from Science, Engineering, Analytics to modeling and governance. These people can help you develop the different aspects of data lifecycle and leverage the potential of data.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Must be enrolled in MS/PhD in Computer Science & Engineering, Statistics degree program. With graduation dates between December 2024-June 2026.
- Must have relevant course work or experience leveraging industry standard data science models.
- Strong data wrangling skills.
What You’ll Bring
- Programming skills using Python, SQL.
- Some exposure to PMML/H2O.ai/ONNX/Mleap
- Experience using Jupyter nodebook (or similar) modeling/training tools.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern Data Scientist
Job Category: College & Interns
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US