Internal Audit Intern
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 217178
Our Internship Program
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship
What You'll Do
The Internal Audit intern will have exposure to various types of internal audit projects including Global Process Reviews, Country Audits, Data Analytics Projects, Fraud Reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley control testing, and various audit reviews throughout the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in audits related to a variety of business activities, processes, and operations
- Execute audit programs and document related work to evaluate internal controls related to business risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Perform thorough and in-depth audit reviews, reflecting a knowledge of business controls, and systems which support the business processes
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing and fostering open communications
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- In the process of obtaining BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or other relevant business discipline with a graduation date between 12/2024 and 6/2026.
- Completion of coursework relevant to audit or compliance profession
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What You'll Bring
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence
- Basic understanding of audit function, risk, and standards such as SOX
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong attention to details, critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Internal Audit Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US