Senior Data Integration Engineer
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 216966
What You’ll Do
In this position you will play a key role in designing, implementing, and optimizing data infrastructure and pipelines. You should have a deep understanding of data engineering principles, possess excellent programming skills in Python and SQL, and have a strong grasp of modeling concepts.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Engineering team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Sr. Data Integration Engineer, you will report directly to the Technical Lead Data Engineer Design & Development, Data and Analytics, MEA . On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in data engineering roles, with a focus on building and optimizing data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL, with the ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- In-depth knowledge of data modeling concepts and experience with implementing and maintaining data models.
- Solid understanding of ETL processes and frameworks, along with hands-on experience in designing and implementing ETL workflows.
- Experience with at least one ETL tool, such as IBM DataStage, Talend, or Informatica.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and different modeling techniques, such as dimensional modeling and data vault.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.
Necessary Job Requirements:
- Must be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Must be willing to work on-site with clients (Egyptian Government, Telecommunication Operators, and Banks) 100% of the time.
- Must pass security clearance to work with the Egyptian Government.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Integration Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG