Product Support Engineer, Platform
Multiple Locations: Warsaw, Poland • Prague, Czechia
Requisition Number: 216937
Product Support Engineer, Platform
What You’ll Do
Teradata Product Support Engineers (PSE) are key members of an expert team of support analysts focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support-related assignments to both internal and external audiences.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to resolve and clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. This role will have a key focus area of resolving Operating System, Parallel Database Extensions, Teradata Virtual Storage, Kubernetes and network issues within our Cloud and On-Prem environments.
You will be a recognized Subject Matter Expert capable of driving problem-solving and digging deep, and reproducing problems, to identify root cause of customer problems in OS/PDE/TVS/Kubernetes/Networking and more.
You will mentor and increase the overall troubleshooting skillset and capabilities of other Product Support Engineering’s as well as teach associates how to diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot networking problems. You will collaborate with a multitude of organizations; Cloud Operations, Engineering, and other GSO Support teams.
Who You’ll Work With
On our team, we are responsible for providing 24/7 technical support for On-Premise and Cloud customers and transforming the Teradata support landscape. You will report into the Senior Manager Product Support Engineering.
To be successful, you should be a self-motivator with a strong technical knowledge base with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and dig deep into technical issues. You will own incidents from end to end – ensuring resolution for the customer and root cause identification and problem-solving. If you have a desire to work on the cutting edge of technology, resolve challenging problems and collaborate with a global team, then this position is for you.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Linux Administration and Linux Network Administration
- Kubernetes, dockers, containers knowledge
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
What You’ll Bring
- Ideally Experience with Teradata software/hardware including Teradata ecosystems and compute platforms for both Teradata certified and engineered hardware and cloud computing architectures.
- Experience with Cloud platforms and networking within the Cloud and connectivity to On-Prem client machines.
- 24x7 operation will require working alternate shifts and on-call
- Global organization
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer, Platform
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Warsaw, Mazowieckie PL