Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216935
What you'll do
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions
Who You'll Work With
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Strong RDBMS concepts, SQL development skills and Teradata Technology.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Good Data warehouse & ETL concepts
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience on any of one development or scripting languages e.g. Java or Groovy
- Good understanding and basic working experience with at least one cloud service provider: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and with their native tools.
- Good understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
- Solid understanding of DevOps technology stack and standard tools/practices like Linux, Dockers, Jenkins & Git etc.
- Training/Certification on any Hadoop distribution will be a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX