Sr DevOps Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216794
Teradata Cloud seeks a Sr DevOps Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define standards for metrics, logs and alerts across all cloud infrastructure and micro-services.
- Partner with Engineering, Infrastructure, Support teams, stake holders and define monitoring standards for best performance, scalability, reliability and resiliency
- Analyze utilization patterns, incidents and implement betterment solutions.
- Reduce MTTR and MTTD’s with Observability.
- Build Customer, infrastructure, application performance dashboards.
- Develop automation for deployment, troubleshooting, managing of Observability tools with a goal towards self-service.
- Create and maintain technical documentation as well as project plans.
- Create and maintain knowledge base and runbooks.
- Support of Observability tools and technologies in a 24/7 Production Environment.
- Handle live production incidents and lead debug/troubleshooting including RCA.
- Define and Implement SLO/SLI standards, Error Budgets.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders.
- 4+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure – AWS, Azure and GCP
- Practical knowledge of Python, Terraform, Jenkins, GIT
- Knowledge of Operating systems (linux), TCP/IP, HTTP and micro-services (Kubernetes).
- Experience with Observability tools like Datadog (preferred) or New Relic or similar tool.
- Experience in building Dashboards, Monitors, RCA.
- Working knowledge of Distributed systems.
- Trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX