Staff Engineer - Infrastructure
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 216773
We are seeking an experienced Staff Engineer with a focus on Automation, Cloud, and Private Cloud to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud infrastructure and automation systems, with a particular emphasis on private cloud. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our IT infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and scalable. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about automation, cloud computing, and private cloud, and want to join a team that is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions, then we want to hear from you.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud infrastructure using AWS, Azure, or Oracle Cloud, with a particular emphasis on private cloud
- Develop automation scripts and tools to optimize IT infrastructure and streamline business processes
- Collaborate with software development teams to build continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Manage and maintain servers, service-self automation, and other IT infrastructure components
- Monitor and analyze system performance, identifying and resolving issues as needed
- Plan and execute disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Stay up to date with industry trends, tools, and best practices related to cloud computing, automation, and infrastructure management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure management, automation, and cloud computing, with a particular emphasis on VMware private cloud
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or Oracle Platform, with a particular emphasis on VMware private cloud
- Experience with automation tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, TravisCI, Gitlab, Github
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Our Culture We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are. Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer - Infrastructure
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US