Staff Product Manager
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • California, USA
Requisition Number: 216760
As we enter the next phase of our transformation to deliver a bright future for our customers, we believe our next level of growth will come by delivering rich, next generation hybrid cloud platform user experiences that will be key in radically simplifying tasks and unlocking insights for our users.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with deep skills that lie at the intersection of user experience, analytics, and cloud computing to own our Vantage cloud platform user experience. What this means is you need to enhance our platform experience that enables developers (SQL developers, data scientists, analysts), database and cloud administrators in accomplishing tasks with unparalleled ease and improving their productivity in a complex data ecosystem in a secure manner. In this highly visible, unique, and cross-functional role you will work with various stakeholders to prioritize and deliver experiences in diverse functional areas - from soup to nuts. This is an awesome opportunity to take Teradata’s Vantage cloud offering to the next level and drive adoption and revenue.
- Define and prioritize platform experience - cloud services & analytic applications that delight customers
- Work closely with UX teams, cross-functional product leaders, engineering, support, and information engineering to develop the roadmap
- Work closely with program management and engineering to drive seamless execution by highlighting dependencies and risks
- Ship features and improvements frequently and iteratively. Think holistically about delivering a service experience
- Participate in customer discovery, usability research and continuous product/service improvement by gathering feedback
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Understand the breadth of Vantage platform, ecosystem, and cloud services and how customers consume it
- Demonstrate strong experience in User Experience, Cloud, and Analytics
- Analytical skills with passion to solve complex problems and make high impact decisions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate clear requirements that capture business and customer outcomes
- Expect to embrace ambiguity, it’s a part of the game. Use data to drive decisions and demonstrate fearlessness and conviction when taking them
- Demonstrate ability to learn fast, adapt, and manage multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and an MBA is highly desirable
- Demonstrate experience in building Cloud/SaaS applications
- Prior experience in Data Analytics applications is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Product Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline with at least 3 years of related Product Management experience, or 5+ years of related experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Our Culture We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are. Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Product Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US