Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 216720
Teradata SQLE Core Engineering team works with advance database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. We are a cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world’s most complex data challenges at scale.
Join the Teradata team as a Staff Software Engineer focused on architecting and building cutting-edge software for both cloud and on-prem offerings. This position is in the File System team within the SQLE Core Engineering organization. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect and build new features and extend capabilities to allow our database enhanced functionality when compared to our competitors.
Your Business Objectives would include:
Responsible for all phases of software development life cycle from software design through customer support for Teradata Database features/enhancements and customer-reported problems.
Apply theoretical/practical knowledge to software design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging.
Perform analysis of competing products and technologies and recommend changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages.
Contributes to technical strategy, architecture, test environment, customer impact, and process improvements for Database products.
Contribute to the production of intellectual property (development of new algorithms or techniques).
Collaborate closely with other engineering teams for end-to-end design and implementation of features
Provides technical leadership and drives cross-functional project teams. Serves as mentor to junior team members.
Drives the prioritization, risk analysis, and actions for all product issues and deliverables.
Define work breakdowns and design for scoping and schedule estimations/commitments.
Contribute knowledge of emerging technologies to evaluate technical solutions.
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience Or, Master’s degree with 5 years of experience Or, Ph.D. degree with 3 years of experience.
Strong C/C++ experience with emphasis on design patterns, concurrency, multithreading, and Memory Management.
Working knowledge of Linux and Windows development tools.
Relational database application or internal development with working knowledge of SQL and a thorough understanding of database logical and physical design concepts
Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle and processes.
Experienced in developing under GIT or similar source control products
· Proven record in completing/delivering features/products in areas mentioned above on an enterprise/system software product as an individual contributor and feature/project/team lead capacity.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and strong teamwork.
· Strong problem solving and debugging skills
· Experience with cloud-based development and systems.
Multi-user, multi-tasking server software internals development with emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
Experienced with cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, Google) with working knowledge of scalable software architectures in the cloud and cloud native services.
Proven record in completing/delivering features/products in areas mentioned above on an enterprise/system software product as the (or a) key contributor. Must have real successful enterprise product delivery experience.
· Relational database application or internals development with working knowledge of SQL
· Working knowledge of Linux and Windows development tools (compiler, system calls, debuggers like gdb, visual studio,…) and environment (i.e. shell commands and scripting, editor, MS Word, Outlook, etc)
· Experienced in developing under GIT, Clearcase or similar source control products
· Effectively debug and work with low level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
· Familiar with Software Development Life cycle and processes
· Experience using Agile software development methods and tools
· Top-notch programming skills in C, C++, Python, SQL, Scripting
· Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
· Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
· Experience with public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN