Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 216659
Teradata is looking for a Program Director to manage the Consulting delivery Project Management practice. The role is based in Cairo / Egypt with a scope to manage projects locally and regionally across MEA. The role includes both project delivery PM activities / people management for the existing team of PMs.
The program Lead is responsible for consulting engagements programs / projects management. The role requires effective co-ordination of the projects and management of their staffing / skills / inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of the new capability for the business to enable effective change and realization of projected benefits.
The position requires a highly proactive, energetic, hands-on individual with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills who can seamlessly switch from strategic to tactical activities and thinking.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide delivery oversight through effective governance which guides key programmes and intervenes where required.
- Provide Executive and consulting delivery leaders with updates on risks associated with our Customer project portfolio and establish mitigation plans.
- Ensure the consistent adoption of policies, processes, tools, and adherence to governance.
- Contribute to knowledge management in support of project delivery excellence
- Planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues, and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the program's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program's individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the program
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the program's successful outcome
- Managing a team of project and program managers
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies
- Excellent business acumen, pragmatic and focused.
- Passionate and strong communicator (verbal, written, listening).
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage and influence strong senior stakeholders & communities.
- High personal standards and attention to detail; self-starting and strong focus on completing/finishing.
- Ability to operate in a complex environment whilst developing strong working relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of applying programme management terminology, tools, and techniques
- Proven ability to work on a global basis factoring in the needs of a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team to achieve desired results
- People management skills.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have:
- Proven track record of leading and delivering large programs including significant experience designing, implementing, and running major software or data programmes
- Vendor side experience in leading solution or programme definition on high value new business pursuits
- Management of large regional portfolio consisting of programs and projects of various size, scope, and complexity. (2+ years).
- Industry recognised project/programme management certification (PMP, APM, MSP or MSc in Programmes or other).
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Programme Director
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG