Director of Information Technology Compliance
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 216645
Teradata is looking for a Director of IT Compliance to join our Global Information Technology team committed to effectively operating technology solutions which are highly secure and deliver high value capabilities to our business stakeholders. You will drive and lead the evaluation, effective compliance, governance and security controls over Teradata’s' information technology ecosystems. To do so you will be required to build strong partnership with IT applications and infrastructure teams, Information Security, Internal Audit and legal departments to successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this role. Information Technology Director IT Compliance is responsible for successful IT compliance with all required Audit, data privacy and security frameworks. Within the department, leads annual and ongoing evaluations of Information technology infrastructure and applications in partnership with security, audit and legal departments.
The role of Information Technology Director of compliance evaluates audit/security results and recommends improvements in current risk management controls, system implementations, privacy standards, and upgrade processes. Develops staff capabilities and competencies with training and coaching that reflect IT best practices. Drives the Information technology overall vulnerability mitigation program and participates in security technology implementations on behalf of the department. Leverages compliance skills and knowledge to inform and guide IT counterparts on compliance strategies, priorities, and project execution.
Additionally, Director IT Compliance communicates overall regulatory, compliance, or operational readiness assessment results and follow-up action items to stakeholders. Requires a bachelor's degree. Reports to senior management. The Director IT Compliance creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Lead the overall Information technology effort to achieve and maintain PCI, SOC1, SOC2, HIPPA and ISO 27001
- Information technology leader driving compliance for, but not limited to, across the department affected applications.
- Mature Information Technology overall Sarbanes-Oxley process and procedures driving automation and system accuracy.
- Primary leader of Information Technology Vulnerability Management reduction program
- Lead in identifying IT risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with project managers. Performing all work while leveraging industry recognized NIST, COBIT, and COSO frameworks
- Driver of data privacy initiatives in partnership with Legal and Security including GDPR, data loss prevention and data retention.
- Manage team members directly/matrix; oversee the work of one or more areas or locations related to overall compliance.
- Lead efforts to optimize IT business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options. Define effective and efficient business process workflow, including process modifications in partnership with stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by IT leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Computer Science, or Information Systems, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics
- A minimum of 15 years (OR 12 years with a Masters) of Security/Information Technology/IT Audit/ Audit experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience with deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO27001, FedRAMP, HIGHTRUST
- Experience implementing and integrating a compliance strategy including use industry reporting tools.
- CPA, CISA, CISM or CISSP
- Big Four Public Accounting experience
- Experience leading end-to-end audit engagements with proven successful program/project management leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with Audit on general computer controls and IT control testing of applications, operating systems, and databases.
- Serve as core resource for senior leaders within IT Functions and Business Units
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and financial systems.
- Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations.
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Ability to work and excel within a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives (ELT and Board of Directors).
- Ability to interact with executives and/or major internal business partners; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with internal business partners or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Ability to plan, communicate, organize, and execute on a variety of compliance programs with several internal organizations from inception to full implementation
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage resources in a highly matrixed leadership structure
- Strong commitment to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
- Ability to develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions.
- Ability to develop relationships and leverage them to influence change.
- Ability to adapt new process or tools e.g. Auditboard
- Experience with IT project management / execution fundamentals
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Information Technology Compliance
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US