Performance Team Intern
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216630
Our Internship Program
Our Mexico Intern program lasts 12-16 weeks beginning in September and ending in January. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges. Our culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. This is what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are the Cloud Architecture Performance Solutions (CAPS) team. As such, we have several key focus areas.
- Supporting engineering by characterizing new Cloud Lake features and capabilities as they are being developed
- Discovering, documenting, and sharing technical how-to knowledge to help both the PE organization and the field/sales teams
- Proactively identifying missing pieces in our new cloud platform and initiating discussions with engineers and PM to establish agreeable resolutions
- Developing new benchmarks and prototypes to be shared company-wide
- Playing an advisory role in customer POCs and responding to other field and engineering needs that arise
Our team is on the leading edge of moving Teradata to the cloud and we are looking for people that enjoy the challenges this presents.
- Get trained in Teradata internals, SQL constructs, query plans, and the available toolsets (DBQL/ResUsage) to do performance analysis
- Get familiar with internal performance test frameworks (SkyJack, Felix)
- Run performance regression tests, analyze performance reports, and work with developers to investigate problems
- Work with other R&D associates to performance test the product/feature in different scenarios as needed: industry benchmarks, internal performance workloads, develop new workloads/queries
- SQL Knowledge
- Some programming, preferably object oriented or C
- Database knowledge
- Ability to work with others in a dynamic environment
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between May 2024 & January 2025.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Team Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX