Optimizer Quality Engineer Intern
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216629
Our Internship Program
Our Mexico Intern program lasts 12-16 weeks beginning in September and ending in January. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges. Our culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. This is what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The main building block of Teradata is its SQL engine and the heart of the Teradata SQL engine is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for a software quality engineer intern to help in testing of new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata SQL Engine.
As the Software Quality Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for working with the Teradata Query Optimization Team, leading in defining and maintaining the procedures and technologies for the testing functions of the project. Successful candidates would participate in our testing process and all the related technologies, environment and scenarios (including functional, performance, feature interaction, and regression testing) required to ensure a successful product development life-cycle and delivery. They will be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated deployment and testing process.
- Contribute to the testing effort for complex features which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating, executing test cases, and reporting software defects.
- Conduct performance testing by doing performance analysis and Optimizer join plan analysis to determine usage of the features.
- Isolate problems and aid in debugging
- Develop automated tests for features which manage, distribute and monitor computation across distributed systems in virtual, bare metal on-premise or in the Cloud environments.
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Create and improve database schemas and functional test modules for re-use and testing of future features.
- Interact with engineers to simulate internal and customer-like test scenarios which help validate the product.
- Work on test enhancements and quality initiatives to improve the quality of the features and product.
- Identify feature interactions and develop feature interaction tests considering various dimensions such as query, feature, supportability, software module, configuration, physical database design, and data.
- Be a Computer Science or Computer Engineering student
- Have a passion for software quality
- Some database knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge or experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems and shell scripting (bourne, c-shell, k-shell)
- Knowledge or experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Must be enrolled in a BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between May 2024 & January 2025.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Optimizer Quality Engineer Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX