Senior Internal Auditor
Multiple Locations: Hyderabad, Telangana, India • Karnataka, India
Requisition Number: 216574
Position Title: Senior Internal Auditor
We are seeking candidates to join our global Enterprise Risk group as part of the Internal Audit team. Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value-added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis. The ideal candidate will be part of a team focused on building relationships with key Company leaders, assessing risks, acting as a consultant as needed on process design and optimization as well as documenting, assessing and testing financial and operational processes and controls across the Company. This candidate must possess a strong personality because they will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
- Develop relationships with key corporate leaders
- Lead and supervise audits related to a variety of business activities, processes, and operations
- Execute audit programs and document related work using an agile methodology to evaluate internal controls related to financial and IT risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Perform thorough and in-depth audit reviews, reflecting a strong knowledge of financial and operational activities, along with the business systems which support the business activities
- Perform annual financial / operational risk assessments and assist in aligning audit activities with enterprise risks
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, fostering open communications, facilitating and influencing
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of financial and operational internal controls and recommend improvements to those controls, processes and procedures
- Develop audit working papers designed to meet engagement goals and IIA standards.
- Multitask and work on various audits and projects in different phases
- Develop audit findings and recommendations to management as well as assist in the preparation of reports to management using clear and concise grammar
Should be open to travel at approximately 20% annually to audits or projects as needed. We will consider virtual candidates for this opening. If a candidate is located near an office, a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model is an option.
Skills & Attributes
Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or other relevant business discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Internal or External Audit for a large corporation or Big Four / second tier firm
- Experience with assisting/preparing risk assessments, audit programs and work paper documentation
- Familiarity with SOX
- Travel up to 20% annually
- Ability to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Professional certification (CPA/CIA) is highly preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN