Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 216554
Title: Sr Software Engineer
Teradata Labs is where cutting-edge innovations in data management turn into business value.
Our outstanding team of database architects and software engineers work together to understand and advance emerging technologies to produce the next wave of big data analytic solutions. Teradata Database is the core of Teradata Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems that run on-premises and in hybrid clouds to manage and optimize sophisticated workloads.
The heart of Teradata Database is its cloud-based best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques in database and analytics engines, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues in the cloud, and many other exciting challenges related to performance, usability, accessibility and integration.
The Database Query Optimization group at Teradata Labs has an opening for Sr. Software Engineer. In this role, you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata Vantage Core Platform.
Responsibilities / Interesting Work You’ll Do
- Responsible for understanding the architecture and design of complex features in Teradata database and implementing efficiently in an agile software development environment.
- Candidate should have the good coding skills to come up with efficient implementations for the features
- Candidate should help Product Owners and Architects in protyping, implementing and validating new ideas quickly.
- Implement, validate, and test new database and novel query optimization features and perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of the defects.
- Contribute to the delivery and continuous support of robust, resilient, and quality database features
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science(B.Tech) or related discipline, with at least five years of related research or industry, or
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science(M.Tech/MCA) or related discipline, with at least three years of related research or industry experience
Ideally, you will also have the following
- Strong programming skills preferably in C/C++ and good understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Good understanding of SQL, data structures and OS fundamentals is a must
- Good understanding of different processor architectures like ARM / x86 etc., is a plus
- Having working experience or understanding of compiler toolchain technologies like LLVM is a plus
- Good to have low-level system development experience and troubleshooting performance and functional issues
- Abilities to debug complex software in a highly parallel and distributed processing environments is desirable
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, pro-active, initiative taker, good communicator (written & verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Experience using Agile software development methods and tools
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
The work location for the open positions is at our facility located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, insurance and medical coverage and strong work/family programs.
*Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN