Software Engineer IV
Multiple Locations: California, USA • El Segundo, CA 90245, USA • San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 216531
Teradata Labs is where cutting-edge innovations in data management turn into business value. Our outstanding team of database architects and software engineers work together to understand and advance emerging technologies to produce the next wave of big data analytic solutions. Teradata Database is the core of Teradata Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems that run on-premises and in hybrid clouds to manage and optimize sophisticated workloads.
At the heart of the Teradata Database is the database kernel, where ideas become reality. Many of the major Teradata features have been produced by the database kernel group. From datatypes to stored procedures to cloud file systems to data mapping, the kernel has been involved with almost all of the key database components and is a big reason it is famous for its elasticity usability and scalability.
The Database Kernel group at Teradata Labs has an opening for a Sr Software Engineer. In this role, you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for the Teradata Cloud Lake.
Responsibilities / Interesting Work You’ll Do:
- Responsible for all phases of agile software development life cycle from software design through customer support
- Perform competitive analysis of other database systems and data integration solutions, and provide recommendations on Teradata offering changes to close competitive gaps and enhance competitive advantages
- Design, implement, validate, and test new database features in an Agile form, and perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of the defects
- Contribute to the delivery and continuous support of robust, resilient, cloud-friendly and quality database products
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least 8 years of related research or industry, or
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least 5 years of related research or industry experience, or
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline, with at least 3 years of related research or industry experience
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Top-notch programming skills in C or C++, SQL
- Java, Python, R, are also good
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, and test driver development
- System development experience
- Debugging with complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, pro-active, initiative taker, good communicator (written & verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with various database technologies
- Experience using Agile software development methods and tools
The work location for the open positions is Virtual though San Diego or El Segundo California are preferable. Travel requirements : 5%.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer IV
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US