Staff Program Manager
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216517
We are looking for a capable and passionate Staff Program Manager to own and drive end-to-end product development, from ideation through implementation and adoption, in a cross-functional, fast-paced and highly-technical environment. We have a robust roadmap of Cloud Epics and Features, based on our hardware platforms and cloud partners: AWS/Azure/Google Cloud, focusing on building best in class capabilities for our customers.
Product Engineering program managers provide an effective execution framework to enable our teams to predictably deliver valuable and high-quality products and services. Program managers also ensure alignment and transparency between stakeholders and engineering teams, fostering a positive and collaborative environment.
Who are you?
You love a challenge. You love analytics and data. You see the power of information to make better business decisions. You love your customers. You LOVE bringing order from chaos. Your organization skills are bar none. You enjoy making things and leaving things better than you found them. You have a healthy respect for process (but know that the reality is, we are here to make a product and bring value to our customers). You know how to communicate with a variety of people (execs to new in career) and functions (engineering, product management, architects et). You are a natural translator of what needs to get done and you get it done!
- Shepherd ideas from concept into development, ensuring the value propositions and business models are clear and validated, following our lifecycle process
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, Architects, Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure there is a properly prepared backlog
- Capacity planning based on historical and current velocity
- Ensure the team is staffed and funded for success, and operates within budget
- Facilitate release planning, scrum-of-scrums, and program reviews
- Support the team with data views of timelines, completion, quality, and tech debt
- Coordinate system and solution demos
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure customers adopt and are delighted by our releases, with issues quickly resolved
- Identify and rapidly mitigate risk and uncertainty
- Eliminate/manage impediments, risks and dependencies with a focus on Lean flow
- Ensure we integrate and receive user feedback early and often
- Conduct retrospectives and root cause analysis (RCAs) and follow up on actions to drive relentless improvement
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other program managers
- Provides transparency into Program health plugged into appropriate operating mechanisms
- Ensures KPIs are defined, measured and adhered to
- Can integrate into early adopter processes
- Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering, or related fields such as Data Analytics
- Minimum five years of experience as Program/Project Manager
- Experience leading medium-to-large scale programs with cross-functional stakeholders using an Agile development approach
- Project management experience, PMP is a plus
- Experience using, and deep understanding of, Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban
- Excellent influencing, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Bias for action and a sense of urgency
- Tolerance for ambiguity – as Program managers, we are often at the center of transformation and need to be the change agents
- Kindness, team spirit, and making others great is a must
- Tech savvy with prior experience as a developer or tester, understanding modern software development practices
- Experience with multiple Industries; financial, retail, etc.
- Experience with cloud technology and delivering software-as-a-service
- Experience leading programs with global teams
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of Product Management experience -or- 6+ years of Product Management experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US