Requisition Number: 216503
The Project Administrator (PA) serves as part of an engagement’s Project Management team. During their duties, the Project Administrator may be assigned to an individual customer engagement, a series of customer engagements, or across an entire GEO-Region area to provide administrative assistance. The role focuses on the administration of projects and responsibilities including, but are not limited to, timekeeping, financial tracking management, reporting, invoicing, presenting plans and actuals, reconciliation, team communications and other similar duties as required by the Consulting Director (CD), Delivery Excellence Leader (DE), Engagement Director (ED), the Program Manager, or the Project Manager. The Project Administrator supports and manages the project administrative process for time reporting, status reporting, correspondence with third-party vendors, and sub-contracting plans. The Project Administrator extracts data from the PSA time keeping system and transforms it for customer invoice use. The Project Administrator handles administration of internal systems as enabled by security authorization. The Project Administrator facilitates progress reviews with clients and Teradata account teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Support the Consulting Director, Delivery Excellence Leader (DE), Engagement Director (ED), Program Manager, or Project Manager in project administration. Supports scheduling, monitoring, evaluating, and direction of the project.
• Communicate project status to internal management, Program Managers, and Project Managers, including updates to EAC (Estimate at Completion) figures.
• Administer project setup and administration of the time reporting system, project plans, and schedule status.
• Administer invoicing and client billing process.
• Produce project status and financial (budget) reports from the PSA time and expense reporting system for management review.
• Supports the RED HIP (High Impact Project) status reporting.
• Supports engagement team Compliance Reporting.
• Assist where possible in on-boarding of associates to the engagement.
Core Competencies & Skills
• Client Service Orientation — Works to anticipate internal and external client needs; has an overriding commitment to client satisfaction.
• Innovative and Resourceful — Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply. Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information.
• Adaptable — Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches. Works effectively in challenging and fast-paced environments.
• Communication – Communicates effectively in all varieties of media and at all levels of an organization.
• Managing Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals.
• Project Management – With help, can apply knowledge, skills, tools, and Teradata-specific methods to plan and organize a consulting project.
Proven Consultant Skills – Mandatory
• Project Administration – Supports and manages the project administrative process for time reporting, status reporting, correspondence with third-party vendors, and sub-contracting plans. Extracts data from the PSA time keeping system and transforms it for customer invoice use. Can develop reporting as required to report and communicate project status and related statistics.
• Project Planning and Organizing — With help and supervision define project scope, estimate time, costs, and resources required. Plan project according to advocated Teradata PM methodologies. Assess project risk, develop risk mitigation strategies, and support the sales team to develop appropriate contracts and project pricing.
• Decision-Making — Ability to use logical, sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines for a given situation.
• Problem-Solving — Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
• Facilitation and Meeting Management — Guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
• Influencing Others — Ability to assert one's own ideas and persuade others to commit to action.
Qualification Skills and Background
- Education and Work Experience
- 1-4 years work experience in similar support roles (prefer Technology based)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
The candidate should have experience with entry, validation, approval and analyzing of data records to manage a complex engagement. This would include: timekeeping systems, project financials systems, ERP systems, expense management systems with invoicing and forecasting, and reporting tools. Must have knowledge and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, primarily PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Specific exposure to Teradata’s PSA is preferred.
Location & Travel
Workplace: This role is expected to be virtual (working primarily from a home location).
Working virtually enables, depending upon the size of the engagement(s), the PA to support multiple projects across any or all areas.
• Travel: In this virtual role, travel is expected to be minimal (up to 5-15%). Travel will depend upon the specific assignment and will likely be to a customer site or to attend required training at the request and direction of Teradata managers.
SIMS Technical Skill Category Skill Mapping
Service Offers Primary Skill
Industry Knowledge Primary Skill
Project Mgmt: Implementation Approaches Primary Skill
Tools – Testing Primary Skill
A consultant’s Role Description & Technical Skills should be combined with their Staff Level Description including the Consulting Skills to have a clear view of current and developing skill levels.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Administrator
Job Category: Administrative
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX